How about a Back Up Gun side match for the next IDPA match?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What kind of side match?

• Total voters

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would love to shoot that M4. Have read great reviews but never shot one.

You can run it at the next side match if you want to, I just need to get the eotech that I put on it sighted in and its ready.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    In tapatalk, click on the 3 dots on the top right and click on "web view"
    Thanks Dante...evened it up! Don't have a shotty to compete with and really like the rifle matches, it makes up for my pistol scores. :p

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I still would rather have a combination of the two. I know it's not "logical" but running the same pistol in the side match, that you've already been running all morning is kinda redundant. But then, really, you can run whatever pistol you want in the rifle match, a little gun will just put you at a disadvantage, naturally. So, I guess my vote is still for the rifle match.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    last time we ran a BUG side match, we used our standard pistols for the first part of the string, then switched to the BUG gun for the last 5 shots. The reason they don't use a draw in the BUG matches is because most BUG guns aren't carried in normal, safe to draw at a range from, positions. Ankle, appendix, small of back, bra, etc. I voted for shotgun, but will run any side match chosen.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well, it looks like some more votes need to take place. But maybe Dan1612 is onto something. How about a Shotgun, Rifle, BUG side match? 5 rounds in your shotgun (if you don't have your own, I'm sure some of us would be glad to lend you ours for 5 shots). A la 3 gun style, you'll have to put down the shotgun on a decent rest to ensure nothing happens to your now unloaded shotgun, UN-sling your rifle for 10 shots, mag change, finish that portion and Ooops you ran out of ammo and have to pull out (2nd string-can't draw your BUG. You'll have to start at low ready) and finish the stage with your BUG !!!What do you know? a 3 gun side match. Just sayin' or just kiddin' . . . only my barber knows for sure.

Top Bottom