• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    New SIG SBX Brace on the way? Supposed to be $149 (Sig-Folding-Brace OPTION) Sig said today that the SB15 will likely be gone by September. https://www.facebook.com/SIGSAUERInc/posts/10152602150207603

The SIG SB15 brace has been a popular accessory for those who are interested in an improvised shouldering aid (not a stock) or as an interim holdover before their NFA stamp comes back from the ATF.

Apparently SIG has announced a new version of the brace and had it on display at the NRA national convention.

Yep, that’s a folding mechanism on it. No word if the brace comes with the folding adapter standard or if it’s an add on piece.

WarriorTalk member SVO had this to say:

Sig will stop selling the SB15 shortly, supposedly by September (I bet plenty will remain with wholesalers after this time). The replacement is the SBX, which looks much less like a stock and more like someone duct taped the buffer tube to their arm. It may or may not work as well as the SB15. That is to say, it looks rigid enough, but I have no idea if it is, yet.

Gun Mutt, another WarriorTalk member, wrote that the SIG rep stated the brace will be available in about two weeks and is made out of a more rigid material than the first one.

I feel like the profile is more streamlined than the first version, which is helpful for my particular endeavor of highly portable rifles and PDW. However, there is some concern that the new version won’t be as useful as an improvised stock. Time will tell.

Attachments

• Sig-Folding-Brace-1.jpg
      Sig-Folding-Brace-1.jpg
      35.5 KB · Views: 213

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Personally,I'd be interested in:
    1. shouldering one for the feel.
    2. installing one on my weapon to check the balance point.
    3. the weight of the unit compared to my SB15.

I like the SB15 as far as flexibility. I believe that it absorbs some of the recoil before it is transmitted to your shoulder. I also like the way it fits my shoulder and the feel during recoil. I would not care about it's (SBX) "folding" characteristics.

I also am glad that the SB15 turns a little on the tube. I keep mine turned just a few degrees. It seems to fit mo-bedda.

Dave/TGD Firearms --> let me know when you get one in your store for me to try on my tube. Thanks --- SAWMAN
    EDIT To Add: If I feel that my SB15 is better(for me) than the SBX ..... I WILL order another one. Datz fo damn sho.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It will fit the same as the SB15, is more rigid and certainly more minimalistic, too new to know anything else but I like the looks of it. I better get one before they run out of the SB15's so I can buy another if I don't like the SBX

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Folding isn't going to work on an AR. The pic is either on the back of their new mpx or mcx. Looks like the just remolded with slimmer profile and less material. Would imagine it's going to shoulder the same. I'd given thought to trimming since material of the current version but I don't want to give the gov any reason to send the black helicopters.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Guessing ......... I would say that the letter from ATF would cover the brace as it was submitted to them. Any altercation would NOT be covered by their "ruleing".

Same here Nate ..... the altercation on my part would give me a "pucker factor" that I do not need at this point in my life. I thought seriously about cutting the two little ridges off the top of my brace(rounding the top)for a better/smoother cheek weld .....?.... but --> ???? --- SAWMAN

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think it'd be worth tryin..and if u didn't like it I'm sure there would be no issue selling to someone else..whether it's the SB15 or the new model I thought about running it with the law tactical folding adapter..no real need for it just thought it would b bad a$$..I tried putting the build I want to do on paper for a budget and almost choked..needless to say I won't be building 1 anytime soon so I have to live thru all of ur experiences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom