• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We woke up yesterday, and she agreed to take care of our granddaughter, but she overslept. That was weird right there. Then she said "Something is wrong." She said the whole right side of her body was numb, and her right eye was drooping, for lack of a better term. I said that it sounded like a stroke (She Googled the symptoms, to make sure). She has a personal history of hypertension, and a family history of stroke, so we went to NOMC immediately. They are giving her excellent care, but her BP was 216 over 150 when she was admitted. I have to sleep alone another night while they adjust her medication and find a prescription, but she will be OK.
    Those radio commercials aren't BS, my friends. If anyone you know and care about is at risk for a stroke, pay attention, and no detail is too small. My father-in-law spent his life proving how tough he is, and now he can't shave his own face, or read a book. You can't "shake off" a stroke, or a heart attack, or any major medical condition.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Positive vibes sent your way man and hoping for a speedy recovery for your wife.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Prayers for your wife and yes strokes will lay a strong person down and keep them down. One of my best friends father was a framing contractor back in 75 when he had a stroke that he never recovered from. He lived another 20+ years but he was bedridden for all of them and this was one of the most active men I knew.

woods

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry to here that, I hope everything turns out O.K.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Y'all are in my prayers too. The same thing just happened to my grandma. The doctor said she seemed to have had a few mini strokes. She said she had passed out twice at home and didn't tell anyone and my grandfather finally saw it happen in person and called my mom to get her opinion. We took her to the doc and she had another stroke and her BP was off the charts headed for cardiac arrest. The docs got it down and she took a month to remember who I was. It's hard to see your grandma like that. Y'all out there with BP issues have to keep an eye out for sure. She just now is able to walk again and it's been 6 weeks. That's a miracle.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Praying for your wifes recovery and strength. Thank the Lord you were able to notice the signs and get her treated. Take care sir.

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks for your prayers and concerns. She's doing well, they are keeping her for one more night to observe her, and evaluate her medication. I don't think I got 3 hours of sleep, but my step daughter has been an angel for her mom. Again, anyone who knows anyone at risk, please, don't ignore symptoms.
    I have to bring my grandbabies some pizza now, but again, thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.
    sj1

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for your prayers and concerns. She's doing well, they are keeping her for one more night to observe her, and evaluate her medication. I don't think I got 3 hours of sleep, but my step daughter has been an angel for her mom. Again, anyone who knows anyone at risk, please, don't ignore symptoms.
    I have to bring my grandbabies some pizza now, but again, thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.
    sj1

She will be in my prayers. Also now you have to do your wife a favor to go get some rest. You need it. Your wife is in great hands. Now take care of yourself and get some sleep so you can take care of her tomorrow :)

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Continued prayers for your wife and your family. And, I appreciate your concern for others and the seriousness of any symptom like she suffered. When things aren't right, see a doc, and don't delay. Her situation could have turned out very different if you hadn't acted as you did. Props to you, Sir., and a speedy recovery for your wife.
    Keep us posted.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Prayers for you and your wife

Sorry to hear this. My prayers are for your family and your wife's recovery.
    Never give up, just pray and keep fighting brother!

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We're sleeping in the same bed tonight. And we are sleeping late tomorrow! Thanks again for all of your prayers and well-wishes.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We're sleeping in the same bed tonight. And we are sleeping late tomorrow! Thanks again for all of your prayers and well-wishes.

Glad to hear! Hope all goes well in the future!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom