• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Z28931

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a trade offer for one of my rifles involving a glock 21 gen 1. I've never owned a glock but I have picked up a few things about them in the past year or so. My understanding is that the main difference in the different generations refer to the grips ( if I'm wrong please educate me). My main question on a gen 1 glock 21 is what is the absolute newest that it can be? When was the gen 1 discontinued? My concerns are the gun being worn out, especially the barrel. I haven't seen the gun in person, but looking at the pictures I wS sent it looks like a brand new gun. Any insight will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Derrick

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If this is indeed a Gen 1 gun,in great condition,it would be worth some money to Glock collectors. It would not have the finger grooves. It would not have the thumb rest. It would not have the LCI. And others ............

If any parts were worn,sending it back to Glock,they would fix them for little money or free. Swoop that gun up if it is <$600. in trade value. --- SAWMAN
    EDIT To Add: TJ might be right in his below. I believe that they made a Gen 1 Glock 20 but a 21 ........ ??

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm pretty sure they're is no such thing as a gen 1 Glock 21. I want to say they only made the 17 and possibly the 19 as gen 1's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't believe there are Gen 1 21's. Gen 1 Glock 17's were produced until 1988 I believe. At any rate Gen 1's had no finger grooves.

Z28931

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here are pictures. What the hell is it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      132.8 KB · Views: 135
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      129.3 KB · Views: 138

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gen 3. I wouldn't pay over 500 and that would be if it had upgrades. $475 tops if stock. Fine shooting 45 though

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would also recommend handling it to see how it feels. I was able to shoot my 21 fine, but my 21SF feels MUCH better. I have "medium" hands, fwiw.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would also recommend handling it to see how it feels. I was able to shoot my 21 fine, but my 21SF feels MUCH better. I have "medium" hands, fwiw.

Yes the standard 21 is not for one with small dick beaters. I have extra large meat hooks and even my gen 3 feels pretty bulky.

Z28931

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have fairly large hands. I think I would be coming out on top trading for this one. There's no cash involved.

Mr. Katanga

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another thing to look for is if the frame serial number is a metal tag under the barrel and in front of the trigger guard or if its plastic, I know the first batch of glocks imported (think it was G17s) had a plastic serial number because it was one of the first polymer pistols and the ATF demanded that they make a metal serial number plate thinking it would be easy to change numbers, a friend had one of those and I think he got a lot of money for it from a glock collector, not sure if the 45s were the same but something to look for.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Another thing to look for is if the frame serial number is a metal tag under the barrel and in front of the trigger guard or if its plastic, I know the first batch of glocks imported (think it was G17s) had a plastic serial number because it was one of the first polymer pistols and the ATF demanded that they make a metal serial number plate thinking it would be easy to change numbers, a friend had one of those and I think he got a lot of money for it from a glock collector, not sure if the 45s were the same but something to look for.

Judging from the picture, it looks to have a metal tag.

dead-bird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I believe there is some confusion as to exactly when the transition from two to three pin frames occurred.
    I've heard of two pin gen 3s and 3 pin gen 2s.

glockframegenerations.jpg
    [/URL]

Last edited:

dead-bird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apparently G20/21/22/23 got 3-pin frames first with other models to follow. It had nothing to do with the "generation" of the frame but was due to the stresses on the locking block.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    If this is indeed a Gen 1 gun,in great condition,it would be worth some money to Glock collectors. It would not have the finger grooves. It would not have the thumb rest. It would not have the LCI. And others ............

If any parts were worn,sending it back to Glock,they would fix them for little money or free. Swoop that gun up if it is <$600. in trade value. --- SAWMAN
    EDIT To Add: TJ might be right in his below. I believe that they made a Gen 1 Glock 20 but a 21 ........ ??

I have a Glock 21 made in Nov. 1995. It is considered a Gen 1 Glock 21, as it is from the first deign of the Glock 21 which first came out in 1990. The frame (metal tag), slide, and barrel have matching serial numbers.It was upgraded many years ago before I bought it. It was outfitted with Trijicon adjustable night sights. The ejection port has been beveled and it has a full-length heavy duty Tungsten guide rod and spring. There is also a Higue slip-over grip installed since there are no finger grooves. It shoots great.

- 1st Generation has the smooth, rounded “pebble-grip”.
    - 2nd Generation has the “Grenade-style” checkering with NO fingergrooves (see picture).
    - 3rd Generation has BOTH fingergrooves AND accessory rail on the front dustcover.
    - 4th Generation has the different pebble finish on the grip and a grip backstrap that can be changed out for different size hands.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom