• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I just wanted to let the members know that I have quite a few rds thru my AR "pistol" chambered in 6.8SPCII now. This,with a SIG Brace and KAK tube combo. I got the complete kit from Little Jack's at a good price. The tube comes with two different spacers that can be used separately or together.

The spacers are .629" and 1.241" in length and another set can be ordered from KAK Ind. for $12.The spacers are used to allow you to pick the correct eye relief for your use with a scope or keep your face back from a red dot sight or even open sights. These spacers are made of aluminum and fit the tube perfectly. They are kept tight between the tube "stop" and the brace due to the weapons recoil. This tube is the "proper" size(diameter)to allow the SIG Brace to go on tightly with almost no rotation. You could actually use some kind of adhesive for installation if you felt it was needed. What I did was simply to clean the outside of the tube and the inside of the brace with alcohol to remove all oil and grease.

As you install the brace on the tube,if you have to turn it(which I did),only turn it clockwise or it could unscrew the tube even if the castle nut is staked. I will post pics of my setup later.

This is a great setup for the AR "pistol" builder. --- SAWMAN

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I thought these were a dumb idea when they were first released but if it saves the stamp, the 10 month wait and having to tell the Gov what you own, I was willing to try it.

They aren't pretty but they work. I put one on my VZ pistol and it shoots fine. Once it's shouldered, it feels like a normal stock.

Sawman, If that castle nut is coming loose, I can torque it down for you.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nate,you have a PM. No prob with that nut.

This is a pic of my set-up. Keep in mind it is designed almost exclusively to be used when either seated on the small bench seat of a Bad Boy Buggy,supported by the use of a "gunners strap",hung from the above roll cage,or rested on the buggies hood or cargo box. And possibly from a Primos Trigger Stick(bi-pod).

I tried to keep in mind shooting from a confined space and the gun handling safety involved in that. We hunt during the hours of darkness with usually the sky overcast or <30% visible moon. This is why you see my comp painted white. I want to be fully aware of where the end of the short bbl is at all times. Same with installing a 1/4 sling swivel at the 6'oclock position out at the muzzle end of the hand guard. A carry strap or a folding bi-pod will never be connected to this. This is more of a hand "stop". I don't want my grip on the hand guard to go past this point.

One more hunt (tomorrow night)with my 18" 6.8 then the thermal will be switched over and sighted in. In shooting the AR/pistol I quickly found that the gun absolutely loves the Hornady 120gr SST's. That wasn't my first pick for a hog bullet but they are so damned cheap and their rep. is so damned great,that it is pretty much a no brainer.

* The gun --> Spikes(spider)lower. (Thanks Nate) Geissele two stage trigger that breaks at 4lbs 7ozs. KAK tube kit with the 1.241" spacer installed. Hopefully with thermal I will be able to replace it with the .629" spacer to shorten the LOP and the guns OAL. The LOP now is 13.0".
    * The Gun is 29" OAL and the weight is 6lbs 4ozs BEFORE adding my 30oz thermal. The upper is unknown but came with a 10.5" YHM bbl(1:10,6 groove,SPCII)hand guard,and hand guard cap. It also came with a M16 carrier. The bbl was the normal YHM thread pattern of 1/2X36 so I got a 5/8X24 adaptor and installed a KVP Linear Comp.

I will be hunting with it shortly. It will surely be different from trying to swing the much heavier AR/Bison 18" bbl. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• SANY0064.jpg
      SANY0064.jpg
      240.8 KB · Views: 270
    • SANY0065.jpg
      SANY0065.jpg
      234 KB · Views: 278

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Well said db. Same here. I really do not see the down side of the "pistol" vs the SBR. Actually ....... it is the other way around IMO. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just mounted my thermal on top of the AR/6.8/pistol. Could replace the large spacer on the tube with the short one. NOW ---> gun is 28 3/4" OAL and the LOP is 12 1/4". The thermal is not eye relief sensative because there is NO parallex. You are looking at a small TV screen.

Will sight the setup in on Monday. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• SANY0066.jpg
      SANY0066.jpg
      225.4 KB · Views: 221
    • SANY0065.jpg
      SANY0065.jpg
      226.3 KB · Views: 220
    Last edited:

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    can you use this set up comfortably witout putting your arm thru the brace, or might that be mandatory due to design??

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn straight! BTW it's Django as in Django Reinhardt. The great guitarist/ composer. :)

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have put approx. 100rds thru this setup now. IMO,the SIG brace placed on your shoulder,even with the recoil of the 6.8 rd vs the 300Blk or 223/5.56,feels identical to a "normal" buttstock like a MagPul,etc.

Actually ..... I believe that this stock/brace mitigates recoil somewhat due to it flex during recoil. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    As per my Lyman digital trigger pull gauge,the SIG SB-15 brace weighs ..... 15.2ozs. It will be interesting to see what the SBX comes in at. --- SAWMAN

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Frank, that one has been around for awhile. It's a "pistol" but due to overall length it isn't classified as one. Because of that, you can put whatever you want on the front. You could accomplish the same thing with a shorter barrel and a rifle buffer tube. As long as the total length (permanent) is over 26" you can use a vertical grip.

Proving once again that the NFA is stupid and needs to go away.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks Nate, seems I can use one on my pistol if I wanted to then. I think the whole SBR and suppressor thing should be done away with.

Top Bottom