• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    GCGF,

I've got some PNW range ammo that I cannot get to group out of my 300 upper. No S^&* this stuff is 5-6 MOA at 100yd.

With the same setup, I've been shooting ozark and freedom munition reman ammo at 2-3 MOA consistently.

I know some guns will shoot some rds better than others. Just wanted to try one more barrel to see if this ammo is worth keeping.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sure, what do you want? Bolt gun, 16" upper, short upper? Red dot, scope? I'll bring it by and drop it off. Stipulation: I keep records on all my barrels...will need you to keep track of how many rounds were fired from each. Please don't adjust the sights.

I can bring whatever you want over today. I'll be out in the yard mowing for about 20 minutes and then will check the forum.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    if u were in AL u could pick mine up anytime and yes i know ur not just saying

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Daezee,

I'll try whatever AR upper you're willing to let me borrow. I'm headed into work in a bit but I can pick something up tomorrow morning. I'll be shooting tomorrow. Not a problem keeping track of what I shoot. I'm thinking I'll know what I want after 10-20rds. Just looking for a group, not a zero.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ahhhhhllll helllllll, I'm gonna try this approach and shoot whateva the hell I want. hahaha. "anyone got a 50bmg I can borrow? I picked up a couple of rounds and just wanna see if it groups". LoL!!!

Thanks for the idea Nate!!!

(btw, Kurt was at my moms house when you called him on Sunday, hahaha. I didnt know he was a gun guy and he didnt know I was a gun guy)

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Doesn't hurt to ask Ken!!

When Kurt said "Ken says Hi" I kept trying to think of guys from work... who the hell is he talking about? It took me 5 minutes to realize it was you. Gun guy or not, Kurt's good people.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Just the DD rifle. I shot 16rds. 11 at 50yds. Got about 2 moa. Did 5 at 100yds and the group was about 5 moa. If it had been a little tighter I would have shot more but this stuff hasn't grouped well in anything. A closer look at the bullets shows some disparity in the depth of bullet seating. I'm looking to have these guys replace or refund. I've got reman stuff that's cheaper and shoots much better.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The PNW stuff at palmetto is what i'm having problems with. Just a heads up.

It's boxed up nice and the brass is new..... but it don't group well.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'd definitely be asking for a refund. 5 MOA at 100yards is disgraceful at best. I know it's not your responsibility...but weigh each round of ammo and see how much of a difference there is between them all. Could be bad QC on powder weights.

Just my .02 worth Nate

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'd have to get a better scale to check.

I did call PNW a couple weeks back. Charles Liptak, said he'd pull some rounds from that batch and see if there were any issues. I've since sent two detailed emails with pics and comparisons with their(PNW) ammo and shown side by side comparison with the reman stuff I've got. Haven't heard back anything. I've got one more email to fire off today with the pic of the target out of Daezee's rifle. I'm through trying to figure this out. I've been through approx 150rds, 5 trips to the range and several swaps of gear to nail down the issue.

Will update as I hear more.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I got an email back from PNW saying they'd refund me.

In the reply Charles said they optimize their ammo for 16" barrels and that they shot some of their ammo from the same lot and got approx 2 MOA with it at 100yds. Also stated that their in house "shooter" was able to get approx 1 MOA out of a high end barrel.

Here's the results of my final 5rds through Daezees 16" DD rifle at 9x at 100yds. The target dot is 3" wide.
    IMG_20140822_123025_494.jpg
    Doesn't inspire much confidence.

Attachments

• IMG_20140822_123025_494.jpg
      IMG_20140822_123025_494.jpg
      85.1 KB · Views: 103

Latest posts

Top Bottom