• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've been duck hunting and dove hunting a few times and it's a blast... obviously with limited season and time off i can't go as much as i like.

I've been up to santa rosa shooting range a few times to shoot pistols and it looks like they have a pretty nice sporting clay setup. Does anyone shoot up there often?

Egordon71

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Clays are more fun, Lead spreads better than steel shot and you're not freezing your ass off in waist deep water lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    It's a really great clays course. There's also trap, skeet and 5 stand.
    Great people working up there too.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah the lady at the register is super nice. I've really enjoyed the last few times I've gone up there.

SBE-11

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I go up there on Fridays they have $5.00 skeet & trap. Thursday I think it's $ 37.00 sporting clays.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shooting clays is fun and good practice....Me and Logan hit up the shooter from time to time. I have 1 of them big clay shooters that either stands by itself of mounts into a trailer hitch...Next step would be one of them automatic shooters but I don't shoot em that much!

ford

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For those who shoot clays, trap, skeet and anything else that falls into this category, I am looking for recommendations on a good shotgun to do so with. I've never been before but have an opportunity to do so and compete on a team and now I need a shotgun that will get the job done. I'm looking for a good quality beginners gun that will also hold it's resale value if I decide that it just isn't a hobby that I will keep pursuing/like. Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I've done some research but as there are so many options and whatnot that I just want some first hand honest no nonsense knowledge and advice from the folks on this forum who have done so. Thanks in advance for any and all opinions, advice and everything else. Also if you have a decent shotgun suitable for the job then PM me and we'll go from there. Thanks

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's really a personal choice, mine is the rem 1100, it just suits me best. although I have not tried the beretta and would like to hinthintdandan.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    It's really a personal choice, mine is the rem 1100, it just suits me best. although I have not tried the beretta and would like to hinthintdandan.

I don't have it anymore. My shotgun of choice is the Winchester SX1, but they're no longer made and somewhat hard to find, also often not threaded and the fit is not adjustable, which is why I recommend the beretta.

I like the 1100. I learned to shoot with one, but while they fit me as a kid, the standard size doesn't fit me anymore.
    Fit is the most important aspect to a shotgun, as the rear sight is your eye, you have to make sure it fits and your eye goes exactly where it needs to go each and every time.

Last edited:

BruceWayne

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I shoot AT clays... I'm happy when I hit 25-30% but it's always fun to try. Yes, SRSC is great. I shoot a Remington 870 express 28" barrel because I'm gangster like that... I've shot with a couple of semi autos and just don't care for them. I probably have 1,500 rounds through that damn 870 shooting at clays within the last two years.

ford

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks for y'alls replays and advice on the guns. I really appreciate it. I'm hoping that maybe I will find a decent deal for the holiday weekend.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    30 years ago I use to get ready for hunting season by shooting clay pigeons with a Mossberg 30 inch full choke. My cousin and I had access to cases of 12 ga reloads and case upon case of clays.

Top Bottom