• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anybody else see Tony Stewart's incident on the dirt track Sat night? Him and another driver collided. Other guy gets out of car and walks towards Tonys car. Bam Tony whacks him . Now yall can see it and judge for yourself, but it sure sounded to me like Tony hit the gas and ran him over. PRolly just trying to scare him, but wtf?

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah gotta say that was pretty dumb to get out of his car. Bottom line I guess is he killed a guy and has to live with it the rest of his life.

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Every forum i get on, this is being a topic.. I've seen video's of the crash and yeah.. Its hard to say, Some where saying the only way a dirt track car turns is when your in the gas.. Was tony going alittle fast and saw him at the last second and try to gas it to get around him? Who knows..

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    2nd that on every forum out there is talking about it and 60 to 70% are blaming Stewart in some way. I figured here it would be a lot less since so many are of the one must take responsibility for their actions mindset. This kid made a deadly stupid decision to walk that far down into a dimly lit track wearing a black fire suit. Not long after he exits a car flies past him going faster than the others and on a higher line. That one easily could have got him. It appeared the blue and white car swerved down low to avoid him and then in less than a second Stewart's car hits him.

Seems likely to me that Stewart probably didn't see him until the car in front of him swerved and then there....wtf.....there is a guy standing in the track and Stewart has no time to avoid him. It does sound like an engine reved but that could have been him trying to down shift or another car all together. The camera is picking up sounds from all the cars and there is no way to know for sure it was Stewart's car.

I know it's tragic a 20 year kid died but I'm shocked how so many are quick to vilify Stewart and I don't even really like the guy but damn what was he supposed to do? He may have been looking up at the wrecked car expecting to see the driver giving him shit but the last thing any driver would expect is someone standing that far down into the track. Even when they get out and throw helmets and such they stay high up on the shoulder and do it from 15 to 20 feet away or so.

Bottom line to me is this kid just lost his cool and it cost him his life and Stewart is a victim to. No way he intentionally tried to run him down or recklessly gun it at him to scare him. I don't understand all the people trying to assign blame on everyone but the hothead who walked into speeding traffic.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Quality on the video is terrible. You don't see Stewart's car prior to the impact so there's no decent indication of what was going on in the turn. You hear a motor rev but there are a dozen other cars out there, was it Stewart's?

Guys pretty well off and in front of a huge crowd. Why's he going to run down another driver?

Good luck proving that Stewart gunned it and side swiped/hit the guy.

Either way. 20 year old died for nothing.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Flech with all due respect and not going to get in an argument with you about it but drivers get out of there cars all the time in dirt track raceing and walk down the track. You don't downshift sprint cars,they are direct drive. Those tracks are lit alot better than it seemed in the vid. It did happen under CAUTION. And yes I have been to many Sprint Car races.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Flech with all due respect and not going to get in an argument with you about it but drivers get out of there cars all the time in dirt track raceing and walk down the track. You don't downshift sprint cars,they are direct drive. Those tracks are lit alot better than it seemed in the vid. It did happen under CAUTION. And yes I have been to many Sprint Car races.

Well they are f'ing idiots to walk into the middle of cars doing 60 mph on dirt even if under a caution flag. Reminds me of the idiots on Cervantes that mosey out in front of traffic and try to intimidate cars into slowing down for them as if they own the road. Darwinism in action I guess. Evidently the thought of mechanical failure or driver distraction never occurs to them. The 3500 pound piece of rolling steel wins every time.

Okay so Sprint cars are direct drive but it doesn't change my assertion that I think too many people are jumping to conclusions based on limited evidence in condemning Stewart of basically murdering a guy. Many news sources and witnesses have said that area of the track was dimly lit. So these cars are like 800 HP and direct drive which means they are going pretty fast even at idle speed. I've also read that a driver has to tap the accelerator to turn which also may explain the reved engine if it was in fact Stewart's car.

The kid would have known these things but let his monkey brain take over and it got him killed and traumatized many others including Tony Stewart. He doesn't get a pass for his behavior because he's dead. Hopefully others will learn from it and think before acting impulsively in dangerous environments. Tragic and sad but the ultimate responsibility lies with him. Cold day in hell before I run out in front of 800HP race cars on slippery dirt to prove my manhood.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    2nd that on every forum out there is talking about it and 60 to 70% are blaming Stewart in some way. I figured here it would be a lot less since so many are of the one must take responsibility for their actions mindset. This kid made a deadly stupid decision to walk that far down into a dimly lit track wearing a black fire suit. Not long after he exits a car flies past him going faster than the others and on a higher line. That one easily could have got him. It appeared the blue and white car swerved down low to avoid him and then in less than a second Stewart's car hits him.

Seems likely to me that Stewart probably didn't see him until the car in front of him swerved and then there....wtf.....there is a guy standing in the track and Stewart has no time to avoid him. It does sound like an engine reved but that could have been him trying to down shift or another car all together. The camera is picking up sounds from all the cars and there is no way to know for sure it was Stewart's car.

I know it's tragic a 20 year kid died but I'm shocked how so many are quick to vilify Stewart and I don't even really like the guy but damn what was he supposed to do? He may have been looking up at the wrecked car expecting to see the driver giving him shit but the last thing any driver would expect is someone standing that far down into the track. Even when they get out and throw helmets and such they stay high up on the shoulder and do it from 15 to 20 feet away or so.

Bottom line to me is this kid just lost his cool and it cost him his life and Stewart is a victim to. No way he intentionally tried to run him down or recklessly gun it at him to scare him. I don't understand all the people trying to assign blame on everyone but the hothead who walked into speeding traffic.

This is spot on in my opinion and yes sprint cars are direct drive.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The camera was in the stands on the other side of the track from where he got hit, so the sound of the engine revving was most likely a car on the front-straight away.

Egordon71

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He hit the gas because it's the only way a sprint car can negotiate a turn . He hit him before the corner and sprint cars drift corners.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Whoops, another driver just made the comment TS knew what he was doing and could clearly see the driver on the ground. Out come the TS haters even if he is not criminally charged he will certainly be sued in civil court by the family...there will be a settlement.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can see that some of the key board race fans have never been to a real sprint car race. To think that the cars have to be gunned to turn is plain stupidty. PEROID. How in the hell do you think they get them out of the pits or for that matter back in. Get them under power and gun them.

I don't say that Tony ment to kill the boy but he is a hot head and has been proven many times. There was more than enough light on that track for Tony to see him. I would also guess that some have never even been to a dirt track race. At least not one good enough to have Sprint Cars of that class. Other cars saw that boy and missed him,why not Tony?

Under Caution the cars go to idle and line up again for the restart. I will admit that sometimes they hot rod it under caution but that is normally on the other side of the track,NOT where the wrecked car is when saftey crews and wreckers are coming to.

I am not a Tony hater and have enjoyed watching him race over the years BUT this time he screwed up weather he ment to or not. I will never beleave he ment to hurt or kill that boy but he did. There was no one else behind the wheel of that car and he will be in court in the fuuture.

Edit He was on the track but what the hell do drivers do after a wreck? They get out of the cars. You can bet if that boy had been a tire or wreckage on the track that Tony would have had no problem missing it.

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The only difference is a tire or wreckage isn't going to come at you like the dumb ass kid did. He was moving towards Tony's car and probably tried to hit the car and got caught by the rear tire. Pretty sure Tony didn't mean to hit the kid.

redneck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That kid was high up on the track and right be for Tony got to him he jumps down in Tony's way and then tries to jump back up but was to late
    If your car is not on fire don't get out all drivers learn that on there first day

From The Deep Woods

Top Bottom