• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    just finished shooting my KSG 12 gauge with both 12ga 2 3/4 slug, buckshot, and Aquila minishells, slug and buckshot. the minshells were a breeze to shoot with a felt recoil of a .223. the 2 3/4 were more kick but no where near what a normal full length kick feels like. I had to give up shooting regular 12 ga because it hurt my shoulder and my brain from the recoil. not so with the KSG, I shot about 20 2 3/4 with shells with no discomfort and the minshell I could shoot all day. the only drawback was the shells ejecting onto my wrist , and the gunpowder choking me out from shooting so many rounds quickly. accuracy was great with a set of magpul sights. I tore up a 8" oak tree from 20 feet.all in all a PLEASURE to shoot.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm glad you like yours, I am thinking about taking mine to the next IDPA shotgun side match.... Sure would make the transition from birdshot to slugs quick and easy :D.

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was very skeptical about the recoil on such a small platform but my other bullpups are the same with the reduced perceived recoil. Those minishells are the way to go with that gun, but like I said it handled the 2 3/4 just fine. I kept looking for a range report before buying but found one at such a good price just went for it, glad I did.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was very skeptical about the recoil on such a small platform but my other bullpups are the same with the reduced perceived recoil. Those minishells are the way to go with that gun, but like I said it handled the 2 3/4 just fine. I kept looking for a range report before buying but found one at such a good price just went for it, glad I did.

I think that I've fired about 14 rounds through mine total, 1/2 2 3/4" slugs, 1/2 2 3/4" 00 Buck, Like with any shotgun it wasn't totally pleasant, but It didn't beat me to death either. I do need to get a receiver cover though, that sucker took some facial hair with it when I was done!

Top Bottom