• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The more I see on TV the past couple days the more I wonder what all new laws will actually pass. I would be interested to hear some opinions & how this will affect us and or you.

What new anti gun laws do you think they will try to pass?

What ones will pass?

What would you most be willing to concede?

I think the old assault rifle ban will be put back in place. There will also be a cap on mags to 10 rds. They will also push to close loop holes such as personal sales between individuals and gun shows sales without background checks.

I personally do not mind closing loop holes but they will have to come up with a federal way to allow gun stores to act as brokers/ that do background checks for individuals if they do not already have one in place. I have never bought a gun from a gun show or on consignment but have bought one from an Individual. I am all for back ground checks on all sales period. I personally do not resell or trade guns for profit or fun.

I do wonder how a 10 round max capacity will effect pistols? Any opinions?

I am more interested in hearing what & how it will effect you not Arguments For or Against the laws or reforms.

Joe

Last edited:

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    None shall pass - the votes aren't there.

I am willing to concede nothing -- because any laws or restrictions will do nothing to "prevent" a mass murderer bent on a high body count.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope your right but I am not so sure.

I understand why the NRA and most gun people are against all gun laws/ restrictions but sooner or later some more common sense guides will have to be accepted. I wrote several papers on gun control growing up so I do understand the idea of if you give them an inch today they will want a mile later.

Last edited:

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When do you stop conceding your rights?

You acting if I want to give up my rights instead of addressing the fact that sooner or later it will or may happen wether I like it or not. I am AGAINST GUN CONTROL it does no good to argue/ debate it with me. LOL

It may be happing sooner then you think. :mmph:

Last edited:

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is a "common sense" guideline to firearm ownership for a US citizen? The founding fathers wrote the 2nd Amendment to protect the citizenry from a tryannical government -- our rights, as they intended them with regards to weapons have been "infringed" already... 1934, 1968, 1986, 1994 (at least it had a sunet clause). I should be able to own any weapon system that is available to the military of the US. That hasn't been the case since 1934...

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is a "common sense" guideline to firearm ownership for a US citizen? The founding fathers wrote the 2nd Amendment to protect the citizenry from a tryannical government -- our rights, as they intended them with regards to weapons have been "infringed" already... 1934, 1968, 1986, 1994 (at least it had a sunet clause). I should be able to own any weapon system that is available to the military of the US. That hasn't been the case since 1934...

You can keep trying to win an argument with yourself & deny reality but it will not change reality. Hey who knows by this time next year you can pull this thread and I will have egg all over my face. Would not be the first time nor the last time. LOL

I would be happy to look like a paranoid punk with egg on my face if I get to keep buying what ever guns I want and buy all the 30 rd mags I choose.

Last edited:

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw this today& thought it was funny.

319552_454548644581192_1919505973_n.jpg

Last edited:

moron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hopefully they will not pass any new gun laws. Most of the gun laws are against the law anyways, that is if you support what our founding fathers wanted. Hopefully they will take a common sense approach and realize that Gun Free School Zones attract evil people that want to do a lot of damage with minimum resistance. We have Air Marshals,Courthouse security,Airport security,malls even have security guards(well maybe not,they are not armed). Schools should have armed security whether it is trained employees or use of retired law enforcement/military or returning veterans(That would create a lot of jobs). Teachers and their Unions should have arranged this years ago with the politicians they endorse. Teachers chip in a little,Joe public chips in a little, Lotto money chips in a little,ect. Hell,even the feds would probably chip in if they were not spending all of our tax money studying why people like sex and other money wasting grants like that. But common sense isn't that common anymore so they will probably do something really stupid like make more gun laws.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the old assault rifle ban will be put back in place.

Good luck. I think it will be much more strict than the first one.

Don't forget about the UN treaty Obama wants to sign. It will call for registration of all guns and banishment of anything not deemed "sporting".

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Regardless of what anyone's opinion of the NRA is, they are the ONLY backing that we have that carries any weight.

In my biased opinion, anyone that has a gun of any kind that doesn't belong to the NRA is a damned fool.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gun control pure logic.

Fact: Criminals will not comply with new gun control laws the same as the did not comply with existing gun law.

Fact: Gun laws will only regulate and control honest citizens who will abide by the new gun control laws as they did the older laws.

Fact: All new gun laws will only effect law abiding citizens and make no impact on criminal intent.

Fact: Gun control is not the end game. Total firearm confiscation from citizens is the desired result. We still have an unsuccessful Gov. Drug Czar, DOJ/BATF keep screwing up: I guess Obama will appoint a TA DA, drum roll...... GUN CZAR to who will not be happy until there are no legal civilian guns.

The cartels will then have guns and drugs coming into the US on the same shipments. Since the honest citizen aren't buying them, who will?

WR

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone know if the the old ban was put back in place as it was before could you no longer buy parts to repair a broken assault rifle? Say a BCG or firing pic, barrel ETC...

I guess I should go read up before I ask but figure you some of you guys were around back then. lol

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The founding of this Country and Our rights as citizens was carefully and specifically documented by our Forefathers. I recognize no changes that infringe on the Constitution and Armaments currently written. Further I will not accept any further changes to those documents. When I make no changes in what I do and what I posses and am not a criminal, if Government imposes "new laws" that in their application makes an honest man a criminal then that Government is indeed tyrannical as we were forewarned about. It would soon be followed with the the call: To arms, To arms echoing through the streets.
    WR

Top Bottom