Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What new anti gun laws will be passed?

50 CAL

What new anti gun laws will be passed?

The more I see on TV the past couple days the more I wonder what all new laws will actually pass. I would be interested to hear some opinions & how this will affect us and or you.

What new anti gun laws do you think they will try to pass?

What ones will pass?

What would you most be willing to concede?

I think the old assault rifle ban will be put back in place. There will also be a cap on mags to 10 rds. They will also push to close loop holes such as personal sales between individuals and gun shows sales without background checks.

I personally do not mind closing loop holes but they will have to come up with a federal way to allow gun stores to act as brokers/ that do background checks for individuals if they do not already have one in place. I have never bought a gun from a gun show or on consignment but have bought one from an Individual. I am all for back ground checks on all sales period. I personally do not resell or trade guns for profit or fun.

I do wonder how a 10 round max capacity will effect pistols? Any opinions?

I am more interested in hearing what & how it will effect you not Arguments For or Against the laws or reforms.

Joe
    Last edited by joe; 12-17-2012 at 05:23 PM.

None shall pass - the votes aren't there.

I am willing to concede nothing -- because any laws or restrictions will do nothing to "prevent" a mass murderer bent on a high body count.
    Obama -- I'm convinced that he is a FREAK OF NATURE! He stands erect, walks upright on two legs and has fathered two children -- however, he has no spine and no testicles...
    Photobucket - Not a fan of the actor, but the scene was signature-worthy

Local Dealer Little Jack's Guns's Avatar
    When do you stop conceding your rights?
    Firearms and Transfers. AKA "Little Jay's Guns".
    Little Jack's may piss you off, but we won't piss on you!

50 CAL
    I hope your right but I am not so sure.

I understand why the NRA and most gun people are against all gun laws/ restrictions but sooner or later some more common sense guides will have to be accepted. I wrote several papers on gun control growing up so I do understand the idea of if you give them an inch today they will want a mile later.
    Last edited by joe; 12-17-2012 at 05:40 PM.

50 CAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Jack's Guns View Post
    When do you stop conceding your rights?
    You acting if I want to give up my rights instead of addressing the fact that sooner or later it will or may happen wether I like it or not. I am AGAINST GUN CONTROL it does no good to argue/ debate it with me. LOL

It may be happing sooner then you think.
    Last edited by joe; 12-17-2012 at 06:26 PM.

What is a "common sense" guideline to firearm ownership for a US citizen? The founding fathers wrote the 2nd Amendment to protect the citizenry from a tryannical government -- our rights, as they intended them with regards to weapons have been "infringed" already... 1934, 1968, 1986, 1994 (at least it had a sunet clause). I should be able to own any weapon system that is available to the military of the US. That hasn't been the case since 1934...
    Obama -- I'm convinced that he is a FREAK OF NATURE! He stands erect, walks upright on two legs and has fathered two children -- however, he has no spine and no testicles...
    Photobucket - Not a fan of the actor, but the scene was signature-worthy

What obama and holder cannot get passed he will issue an executive order to deny us our rights....so basically nothing needs to pass.
    Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank You for your Service!
    6.8 SPCII

The 6.8 SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

Be Sure to Click on the Ads for GCGF Support

50 CAL
    Quote Originally Posted by flyandscuba View Post
    What is a "common sense" guideline to firearm ownership for a US citizen? The founding fathers wrote the 2nd Amendment to protect the citizenry from a tryannical government -- our rights, as they intended them with regards to weapons have been "infringed" already... 1934, 1968, 1986, 1994 (at least it had a sunet clause). I should be able to own any weapon system that is available to the military of the US. That hasn't been the case since 1934...
    You can keep trying to win an argument with yourself & deny reality but it will not change reality. Hey who knows by this time next year you can pull this thread and I will have egg all over my face. Would not be the first time nor the last time. LOL

I would be happy to look like a paranoid punk with egg on my face if I get to keep buying what ever guns I want and buy all the 30 rd mags I choose.
    Last edited by joe; 12-17-2012 at 05:58 PM.

50 CAL
    I saw this today& thought it was funny.

Last edited by joe; 12-17-2012 at 06:25 PM.

45 ACP
    Hopefully they will not pass any new gun laws. Most of the gun laws are against the law anyways, that is if you support what our founding fathers wanted. Hopefully they will take a common sense approach and realize that Gun Free School Zones attract evil people that want to do a lot of damage with minimum resistance. We have Air Marshals,Courthouse security,Airport security,malls even have security guards(well maybe not,they are not armed). Schools should have armed security whether it is trained employees or use of retired law enforcement/military or returning veterans(That would create a lot of jobs). Teachers and their Unions should have arranged this years ago with the politicians they endorse. Teachers chip in a little,Joe public chips in a little, Lotto money chips in a little,ect. Hell,even the feds would probably chip in if they were not spending all of our tax money studying why people like sex and other money wasting grants like that. But common sense isn't that common anymore so they will probably do something really stupid like make more gun laws.