• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nitro

Tired and retired.
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    That's my plan. Waiting on a .22 can from Nate now, so I can begin my stamp wait. Next up is a .308 can, for my various rifle calibers. I will probably order that as soon as my Form 4 gets sent off for the .22 can.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I can see that. Maybe the rifle can and pistol can idea with adapters for a couple of different calibers makes better sense.
    308/223, 45/9mm. 2 cans, lots of different guns.

Nate has alot of good points. I own 4 Silencers now... Gemtech M4-02 (.223) Gemtech Multimount (9mm) Gemtech Blackside (.45) and the Gemtech Outback II (.22)

Looking for a .30 Cal soon.

I like having all the different cans for the Cal. I would not shoot .22 through my .45 or 9mm cans. The .22 Suppressor is super small and light. Don't want a big heavy .45 or 9mm can on a .22 pistol.

2ndAmendmentShooting

Master
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My best sellers are the Sparrow (22), Osprey 45 and Specwar 762. The Osprey/Octane allows interchangeable pistons to allow shooting of 9mm, 40, 10mm, 357 sig and 300 BO. The specwar allows you to go up to 300 RUM. I always recommend a separate 22 can due to dirtiness of the ammo and the ease of cleaning the user serviceable cans.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you go to Linertycans.net they have just introduced The Mystic X a registered multi caliber suppressor with interchangeable innards.
    Ed

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Since a can is next on my list and a multiple use can appeals, any update on this segment of the industry; or is the previously identified platforms sill the best?

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Silencerco omega, gemtech One. Both announced at shot show as "multi" cal. As with all things, they don't do everything the best. It's up to you to figure out what you want and what you're willing to pay for.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It would seem that way on the surface, but if you change the innards and the end caps then there should be no real difference in a specificly made can by caliber VS a multi caliber change out. With the approval of my Form 1 application I have ordered a set of innards and end caps for my titanium exterior tube to make a .338 set (308) and a 7/16 set (.358) to test.
    My first can is a custom made Liberty Torch QC in 6.5 (.308) and works pretty well for 22 to 6.5 without changing the innards or end caps.
    Ed

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It would seem that way on the surface, but if you change the innards and the end caps then there should be no real difference in a specificly made can by caliber VS a multi caliber change out. With the approval of my Form 1 application I have ordered a set of innards and end caps for my titanium exterior tube to make a .338 set (308) and a 7/16 set (.358) to test.
    My first can is a custom made Liberty Torch QC in 6.5 (.308) and works pretty well for 22 to 6.5 without changing the innards or end caps.
    Ed

Weight, durability, cost, suppression, size. All things to consider. Swapping guts allows a lot of flexibility but is not the answer to all the questions. If it works for you, cool.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I have a custom rifle being built right now at Wilson Combat with a suppressor ready muzzle brake, and I have a Nighthawk AAC Recon shipping to me first thing in the morning. So, I'll definitely be bothering Nate in the near future.

Quick question, wouldn't a 458 cover it all? Or would the 556 or 308 be too much pressure for it? I don't mind weight. Do I need to look for a bmg can?

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dan, What Liberty is doing with the Mystic X is registering the tube as a mid caliber, a 9mm. Pressure is a real concern if you are going to shoot super sonic ammo with the can, a good reason to go to Titanium for the outer tube.

By the way, I finished my can and shot it yesterday when I was visiting the construction site. The smoke test worked well and the 358 estimated 200gr cast load was sub sonic and I got full function.
    Ed

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I was going to jump in Dan but Nate has it all covered. I have my gun trust and so all I have to do is buy, for me it is easy, for you not so much. 1 can for all your calibers means it will not do a good job on any of them. Me for instance I need a 22, 9mm and 6.8/7.62 and that will cover all my weapons. All I can tell you is go as light as you can afford(titanium) and for me as short as is effective. The Lane I am looking at for the 7.62 is T and 6.5" long at 11oz and that makes a huge difference on the end of a 16" barrel. Good luck Buddy

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Thanks Frank, I'll be doing a trust. For me, right now,. a 556 and a 45 should cover all of my stuff, but "my stuff"'is always changing. The rifle was designed for the WC can, and the handgun was designed for the TiRant, so maybe I'll just stick with those two. Thanks

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Actually, the barrel on the new AR and the brake/mount are setup to run a 30 cal can, even though it's a 5.56, so that settles it. Thanks guys!

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Actually, the barrel on the new AR and the brake/mount are setup to run a 30 cal can, even though it's a 5.56, so that settles it. Thanks guys!

Dan1612 if you ever want to get together and shoot suppressed let me know. I now have five silencers and pretty much cover all the Cal's.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Any idea how long these things are spending in jail nowadays? I know SBR stamps are coming back rather quickly. Thanks!

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Trust Form 4s are coming back just under 3 months for me. At least the last 4 have. Individual Form 4s are coming back in 8.

The quick SBRs (Form 1s) are the efile, trust required.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I currently have a 30cal can waiting on a form 3. Should be another 15 days or so before that's approved. Then it's off to see nate and file form4 with a trust.

Top Bottom