• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nobody buries guns just for shits and giggles. I'll bet it'd have a good story if it could talk.

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I lost that back in the 70's while running from an wild ass blonde's ol'man....ran out of ammo
    so pitched it before the heat showed up.
    it wasn't accurate, so i'd like it back.............:eyebrows:

i was running with a wild ass blonde when i found it!! that was a fun night! so if you want it back theres gonna have to be a wild ass blonde involved.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trust me it will never be any better looking or interesting than as it sits, as is, you will ruin any cool factor by attempting a restoration of any sorts. Unless you just want to try out rust removing products.

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    You guys that find guns do some research on the guns to make sure they haven't been used in any crimes right? Would suck to find a gun only to discover in a bad way that it was used in a murder and now you're the prime suspect because it's in your possession!

i checked the 1911 i found. the cops kept it for 30 days and nobody claimed it and it was clean so they gave it back to me.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Looks to be just surface rust. A little going over with 000 steel wool and you've got yourself a new CCW.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i was running with a wild ass blonde when i found it!! that was a fun night! so if you want it back theres gonna have to be a wild ass blonde involved.

hey jake, I think I can make that happen, let me check her schedule.......................:eyebrows:

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks to be just surface rust. A little going over with 000 steel wool and you've got yourself a new CCW.

I figured so, Welldoya.... I mean I dont know why some are posting it will never shoot again... I keep scratching my head at those post :doh:
    I pulled it out of the CLR earlier and was knocking some of the old stuff off and it looks alittle better.. You can now see where the hammer was and the eject for the shell... I just want it to clean up alittle more for some better pictures and see if we can really tell what it might of been.. Another Officer that I know, said it looked like an old luger 9mm..With the pics I showed him, I'll get some more once it cleans up abit.

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I pulled it out of the clr today,and scrapped some stuff off. Seems theres like an eagle emblem in the side,and after pulling up a few pics. Looks to be a P-38

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Found a benelli shotgun once in the woods had my son with me so I thought I would show him the right thing to do so we drove to a check station and had him turn it to range police we left our number incase the owner never showed up dang that was the hardest thing I ever had to teach my son lol but a few days later a guy called and wanted to thank us it turns out his grandfather had loaned it to him he set it down put his stuff in truck and had drove off.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Found a benelli shotgun once in the woods had my son with me so I thought I would show him the right thing to do so we drove to a check station and had him turn it to range police we left our number incase the owner never showed up dang that was the hardest thing I ever had to teach my son lol but a few days later a guy called and wanted to thank us it turns out his grandfather had loaned it to him he set it down put his stuff in truck and had drove off.

That is a truly good story.

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yup good story there... This is all a good convo gun now, There is no way of bringing up Numbers or any real markings on it.. After a day and half i finally seen enuff to put a pic together.. That is it.

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frank is was an act of congress, to just post that one pic... The forum kept saying it was failed uploading.. So I had to do photo bucket, then photo bucket only uploaded one.. I'll see if I can do it in a min again.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom