• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    You seem like a level headed individual; and admit some oversights, thus making it more difficult to see how you could post that you are not a fan of the store based on the experiance. All are welcome to their views, and to express them.

Sounds like you would be more careful in the future from the experiance for sure. I would think it not a bad idea to carry papers with the gun since many LEO's around here are gun savy enough to spot a full auto safety, and doing so may save you some time in that event.

Viking, having once held an FFL I would not be surprised that their instruction to dealers is to contact ATF first and at that contact they direct the dealer to not contact the owner. ATF can be very particular in how things are handled, to the point of being dictating and demanding above and beyond in some cases!

And that is where the rub is. Buck and Bass and the ATF assumed he was guilty of something without getting him involved which would have saved a lot of hassle. What does making a call to the owner hurt? The FFL is in possession of the gun and holds all the cards so I don't see how calling the owner hurts anything. Now if the ATF asks FFL's to operate this way than ok, but even that seems unreasonable. I'm sure there are FFL's on here that could help clarify why they proceeded the way they did without contacting the owner. If anything this situation is just a good reminder for everybody to make sure when they ship a firearm they include documentation if there is something special about it. I'm glad everything worked out and the OP got his gun back.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Most of the transactions I've had with local FFL, Ubers, Jim Smith, and J-Dubs, they let me open the box, but DUDE..... you should have provided ALL of that info to the FFL receiving that piece. Even if I'd have let you open the box, and I just recorded the SN and mod#, I'd have shit a silver bar if I'd have seen a selecter switch. Any FFL would have..
    What were you thinking? With these folks at B&B, you made your bed with them. I'm not trying to be a prick, just put yourself in their shoes.

Top Bottom