• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for all the offers to let me shoot your guns guys but I am in Ga now untill Oct. One reason I came back here for now is thats where my drivers lisence is from and I couldn't buy a gun down there.

You guys don't know how lucky you are to have so many dealers close to you. Its at least 25 miles to even a pawn shop from where I am and calling them to ask about 45's is a joke. Half of them don't even seem to know what a XDs is.. It seems like buying anything used going to be a dream.

My Spring Field won't become a safe queen and I may end up using it after all. I do love it and it is a good shooter BUT I do have that itch for a new one.

We only have one ffl in this small town and he is going to open a new store and I am going to meet with him on tues if he gets back in town so maybe somethig will work out with him. At least maybe he can order me the XDs

Thanks for all your input,now there are SO many diffrent ones to consider but at least I know someone to do the trigger work for me.

Oh to have Ian's stash. Then it would be which one do I use today.

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Run to Gander and buy one of their $800 Taurus 1911s :smile:

I'm actually on the hunt for one, too. Somewhere in the $700 ish range. Hopefully I can find one soon, got the 1911 itch pretty bad.

Academy had them for $519.99.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ruger SR1911 are very nice. I have the full sized and the Commander sized. No issue on reliability and a 4.5lb trigger out of the box for both.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well finally found a place to get my 45's. Gona pick up a new xds for $526. and they said theyhad probally 50 1911 so I can surely find one for IDPA at a reasonable cost.

You guys think Gander Mountain is high, Try buying a gun away from large towns. 600+ for a new xds!!!!! 100 over list price for a RIA Tatical. I guessI look that stupid with my long hair.(no coment Frank) I was begining to think I couldn't find anything reasonable here .

Its an hour and half drive but will be well worth it . Get this it is behind a NAPA auto parts store. Friend of mine bought a gun there and said you can't beleave the place. Said they had 3 50 cal when he was there.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sean thats the story of my life. If I buy anything for 500 then 2 days later someone will have the same thing for 400. I don't care if it is a gun a car or even soda at the store.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well got my guns bought today and what a gun shop. I'll name it first thing so I get it out there for them Barrow Gun Shop in Butler Ga. AND Ian I gave them one of our cards and talked up the forum the whole time I was there and told them about the dealer section They have a web site that dosen't do the place justace.

Must have at least 500+ hand guns on display and God knows how many long guns. Even a AR15 pistol with the warning that all federal laws apply. Had a 45 suppressed in the display case. What a shop for a small town and they will ship to another ffl. People were friendly and I met the owner. A gent that is probally 75. The guys behind the counter were all friendly and knew guns. I didn't ask about used guns but I'm sure they had used hand guns because they had used long guns. As friendly as they were in person and on the phone I'm sute they would be more than happy to sell a gun and have it shipped For Dan I don't know if they had Wilson Combat but they did have some Kimbers but that is way out of my price range.

Now to the guns I bought. Got my XDs IDPA gun turns out to be the Tarus Pt1911 in Geto SS It's more than I thought it would be by a long ways. I think ,here it comes Dan a Wilson Combat mag well and I will shoot it if it runs ok. Trigger is more than I expected and I can run it without a trigger job. Not the trigger in my Spring Field but pretty good. Extended mag release and it dosen't take both thumbs to push it and I can work it without turning it so much in my hand.

I looked at a RIA tatical but it would have needed a trigger job BAD. I could have looked at 45's for a couple of hours but would have just got more confused and I do that enough anyway.

Now for the prices. I think I said the wrong price on the XDs the other day but it was 539 and the Turus was 599. Really don't know if they were so great a price or not but I have them now and the running is all done. Remember where I am now and seems the shops down here want more than list prices.

Hope you guys didn't stear me wrong on the Taurus' But at least it purty and should work for what I want. Hell I might not even like IDPA Thanks for your suggestions and I will have pictures posted later.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dan Thanks for posting these for me. That was only part of the long guns. I didn't want to take to many pictures. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom