• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok I decide to buy a new 45 for the IDPA instead of using the Springfield I have now. I am looking at the lower end ones and want your ideas from people who own and shoot them.

I know I have kinda talked down Tarus (Kinda, Right) but there 45 looks nice. I know there are a ton of lower priced ones out there and I won't even try to name them. Something around 600 is what I am looking for. I really don't want to have to do much more than a trigger job or mag well.

I shot Johns STI but I don't think I can find one that cheap,BUT I sure liked it.

Sorry Dan no Wilson Combat. Folks that have the lower priced guns let me know. Thanks in advance.:noidea:

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    RIA 1911 with trigger job, Wilson mag, throat, polish barrel and feed ramp and she will do you right for IDPA.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^ this. 1911Junky did a little work on my RIA and once I got a hold of some decent mags, haven't had an issue with it since. And it shoots great!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    That Springer of yours is a sweet shooting machine, I can't imagine any reason to run anything else.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dan, I know but I kinda want to keep it like it is and it gives me a reason to look for another gun. I'm gona order a Wait for it,Wilson Mag Well and probally a extended saftey for it just in case I can't find something I like at a price I can afford
    Haven't bought a new handgun in about 15 years and am starting to get the itch.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The man wants a new gun, we can all certainly understand that. I can certainly understand the itch, I haven't bought a gun in the last 15 hours.

Get a RIA and Ron will take good care of you.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    +2 on 1911junky. The man did a great job on my ruger sr1911, too bad you missed out on the $550 one that sold the other day. Of course you might find one where your at, great gun for the money.

Blue

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why downgrade? You already have a better option than buying a RIA and spending more money up make it better. Use the Springfield for IDPA. Maybe I'm misreading this but it sounds like you want the Springfield to become a safe queen and if that's the case then buy a true safe queen.

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got a Taurus PT1911. If you want to take it for a test drive send me a PM. I know a lot of people don't like Taurus but, I have two and they both go bang every time I pull the trigger.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Snowbird? Have you looked at any of the Tanfoglio Witness line? I have the full sized steel Witness and it's never failed and it's more accurate than I am. Ten round, double stack, SA/DA, safety works no matter what position the hammer is in, has a firing pin block but the trigger is still really nice. It's as heavy as Thor's hammer, but I don't have a problem carrying it. The best part was the price. I got it lightly used for $300. The Match models are more, but still not like a custom 1911. If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a Witness fanboy. I carry a 9mm SAR B6P compact (made in Turkey and imported by Witness) which functions the same but just comes in a smaller package.
    I believe Witness also does a 1911 though, if you're set on that platform. Give em a look. Maybe we can get together with Sean one day soon and you can try em out.

Mr. Katanga

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dont let the Taurus on the slide fool you, those are amazing 1911s and have all the goodies you would find on much more expensive guns.

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Snow just sold my Ruger SR1911. Great gun for the price! RIA and citadel both good for the money. Or just get another Springer! Mil-Spec is in your price range and have junky give it a trigger job. Done

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have multiple Tarus 1911's and love them. Ur welcome to shoot anytime. I would trust my life with either.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Run to Gander and buy one of their $800 Taurus 1911s :smile:

I'm actually on the hunt for one, too. Somewhere in the $700 ish range. Hopefully I can find one soon, got the 1911 itch pretty bad.

Top Bottom