• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyRuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Need to ship a couple long guns and two pistols. Anyone know what kind of packaging I need? Are long guns in soft cases Ok? Thanks for any information.

boomboom

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My FFL does the packaging for me. Give a call to the person you will using and ask, I'm sure they will want to see the gun to make sure of what they are shipping as they (IMO) will become responsible once it leaves your hands. If you package and box yourself, make darn sure a truck could roll over the box and not break it apart.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The shipping FFL should provide the packaging for you. ( I usually do)

Not sure what the guys charging you but you should be able to ship the long guns yourself through the post office without the FFL fee. Assuming the receiving FFL will take it from an individual.

FFLs can ship handguns much cheaper. They can use the post office and avoid the overnight fees for fedex/ups.

As stated above, they'll need to get eyes on the firearm to get pertinent info so don't seal up the box.

FYI. I charge $10 plus shipping for FFL to FFL. shipping for handguns is usually $14 for priority medium flat rate box with a signature.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nate, if you drive to another state, can you just do a face to face transfer at an ffl to a resident of that other state?

boomboom

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The shipping FFL should provide the packaging for you. ( I usually do)

Not sure what the guys charging you but you should be able to ship the long guns yourself through the post office without the FFL fee. Assuming the receiving FFL will take it from an individual.

FFLs can ship handguns much cheaper. They can use the post office and avoid the overnight fees for fedex/ups.

As stated above, they'll need to get eyes on the firearm to get pertinent info so don't seal up the box.

FYI. I charge $10 plus shipping for FFL to FFL. shipping for handguns is usually $14 for priority medium flat rate box with a signature.

To give you a pat on the back, that's a very good price for the service provided.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Django. If the ffl is good with it. A FFL can take a firearm from a non resident. They'll just take your info for their records as to where the firearm came from.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Django. If the ffl is good with it. A FFL can take a firearm from a non resident. They'll just take your info for their records as to where the firearm came from.

Okay thanks. Like others mentioned that's a great price for the service you offer.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom