• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I picked up a great little G19 Gen 3 today. I've always wanted to like them and just could never quite warm up to them. The finger grooves, the grip angle, accuracy and trigger have always ended up in the gun getting sold. This time, I plan on addressing all of those things, and more, mainly using parts from Wilson Combat.
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Glock/products/169/
    I've had this idea for a while, but all of this, was originally inspired by this video:
    http://youtu.be/f7ViI2UWFKg
    Here's the gun as it sits today:
    4yqedyda.jpg

First order of business. Anyone local do frame stippling, and have samples of their work? Those STUPID finger grooves have got to go!

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    First order of business. Anyone local do frame stippling, and have samples of their work? Those STUPID finger grooves have got to go!

Use a rasp, belt sander, or dremel w/ sanding disk to remove the finger grooves, then use a woodburner or soldering iron to stipple the area that you sanded down.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Accuracy?? That gun is more accurate than you are you just arent used to it. Just shoot one more often

Last edited:

woods

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hate frame stippling. The ugliest crap I have ever seen. Just leave the dam thing stock Dan, its a freakin glock.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree with woods..I'm not much for stippling..looks like a dog got hungry and found a glock to chew on..I think I'd rather just use something like talon grips if you needed extra texture..nice article though..and they didn't make as many changes as I thought they would..I do agree I hate the glock sights..as always keep us up to date..good luck with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Not too concerned with the grippy-ness.

I do like the idea of the frame reduction. I like the thickness though, just not the angle, so I figured I'd start with removing the finger grooves and adding the beavertail. Although, if I find someone to do the full job, I may just go for it. If so,I'll need to wait until I get the beavertail and magwell in to make sure it's all blended just right.

Maybe I should try to do it myself, how hard can it be?

Fupa, until all the holes touch each other, it won't be accurate enough. They have good barrels, not match grade though. Although, I think the sights and trigger have much more to do with it. We'll see, it's all part of the experiment. :)

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Fupa, until all the holes touch each other, it won't be accurate enough. They have good barrels, not match grade though. Although, I think the sights and trigger have much more to do with it. We'll see, it's all part of the experiment. :)

I would definitely save the barrel for last. Even though the sights are plastic, you can still be pretty accurate with them:
    20130702_1908540_zps42bbc335.jpg

IMO the trigger would be the first thing I experimented with, after getting the grip to your liking.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nice shooting Jeep! What's the trigger on your 34?

That picture was actually my 21SF. The only trigger work was polishing everything and installing a 3.5lb connector.

I'm currently working on the trigger on my 34, I'll let you know what I come up with. I'm considering the Vogel kit from glocktriggers.com, but I think I can come up with something pretty similar by piecing together something on my own.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    dan, dan, dan, no matter what you do it is still a GLOCK, tough, accurate and badass, Me thinks you just like to spend money...LOL Good Luck w your project...oh yeah add a safety while you are at it.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    dan, dan, dan, no matter what you do it is still a GLOCK, tough, accurate and badass, Me thinks you just like to spend money...LOL Good Luck w your project...oh yeah add a safety while you are at it.

I'll spend money if it keeps me entertained, Lol.
    The sights, finger grooves and grip angle are inexcusable though IMO.
    No, no safety. Although I did find a thumb rest contraption that looked like it might be good. We'll see.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yeah, let me know, Jeep. I did try a 3.5 connector a while back, and I liked it. I like the feeling of that wall before breaking. I know that some can take some of that away and make it feel more like a double action pull. Don't like double action.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    See I like the groves, different strokes I always say. I have a buddy who has all the gadgets on his Glock, he never liked them anyway, I told him why buy a Glock and mess it up instead of buying what you really want that way made the way you like...OH he went the 10mm and 460 route for hunting not carry weapons.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Silly question..but I don't do much tinkering (always afraid ill mess something up) so does the 3.5 connector make the trigger pull 3.5lbs???...sorry if that's a stupid question

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    My hands are about an inch too wide, so the grooves are all wrong for me. If you have small, European type hands, they might fit just fine. :)

I just don't get why they had to go with a different grip angle than the rest of the world.

Oh well, in time. All will be corrected, and I should end up with an accurate, reliable gun that actually fits my hands.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Silly question..but I don't do much tinkering (always afraid ill mess something up) so does the 3.5 connector make the trigger pull 3.5lbs???...sorry if that's a stupid question

Not by itself. If the only thing you change is installing a 3.5lb connector, then your pull should be around 4.5-5lbs. If you polish all the internals along with the 3.5lb connector, it will most likely be between 4-4.5lbs.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah, let me know, Jeep. I did try a 3.5 connector a while back, and I liked it. I like the feeling of that wall before breaking. I know that some can take some of that away and make it feel more like a double action pull. Don't like double action.

So far, I've polished all the internals, installed a Lone Wolf 3.5lb connector and a Ghost Spring kit on my 34. My trigger is sitting at just over 3lbs right now, but I haven't been able to test it yet. I think I'm going to need an extended, lightweight striker for the 4lb firing pin spring to work correctly with my CCI primers, and I plan on testing that tomorrow. I also don't know that I like the Lone Wolf connector over the factory (-) connector. To me, the Lone Wolf feels heavier, and with more of a wall than the factory connector.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Hmmm. I must try this polishing you speak of.

So factory on the 34 is the "-"?
    That's what I had a while back.
    I hear good things about the ghost trigger.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hmmm. I must try this polishing you speak of.

So factory on the 34 is the "-"?
    That's what I had a while back.
    I hear good things about the ghost trigger.

Just search youtube for "Glock Trigger Polish" or "Glock 25 cent trigger job" and you'll get more results than you'll ever need.

Yes, the 34 comes with the factory (-) trigger. I might have to try the Ghost at some point. I shot the first two matches with the gun completely stock. Now I'm going to play with modifications and see what I can do to make it better.

Top Bottom