• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With Troy battle rail... $1500+ just in the rifle and rail...The really homo part is Ian and I bought them together to have twinsies!! He's got much better optics on his, so more like AL. Cousins...

:grouphug:

photo (26).jpg

Great rifle! It is a bit heavy though....

Attachments

• photo (26).jpg
      photo (26).jpg
      186.5 KB · Views: 171

moron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been following the Sig556R ever since they came out. They seem to have solved the early issues with them and I will purchase one sooner or later. As far as AR or AK I would see if I could locate an AK. With all the political crap going on it may be a wise move. I like the AR but the AK is more fun to shoot IMO.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nothing beats a good ole AK, no matter who the manufacture. You just have to keep a good eye on the ones that shoot straight.. I Love me a good AK!!!!!

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have you guys ever seen an AK firing in slow motion? The barrel actually makes a wave like motion!

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think he's just a huge contradiction...it won't hurt my gun..but at minute 3 he says that steel might be good for plinking and doesn't recommend it for training cuz if the gun gets too hot then u can get jammed rounds and u must get them out w a cleaning rod..unfortunately I had that happen with bad remanufactured brass ammo..but I can't stand listening to this guy...I'm sure he's MUCH MUCH more of an expert than I am (most people are) but every video I watch of his he contradicts himself multiple times..to dans point..he has "1911 sucks" part 1 where he bashes 1911..then part 2 where he is kissing Wilson Combat ass and saying how great they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry for the rant...I really don't wana go to work today and I'm taking it out on a youtube video...I don't really have a dog in this fight...I thought the OP was AR vs AK...if u wana shoot brass go ahead...if not don't...I guess it also depends on what kind of setup u want...$450 PSA garage build...go for it shoot steel all day...high dollar AR meh...I wouldn't but I'm sure there are plenty that do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    AK all the way, Never Quits, Mostly Hits. I have both and love the AK a lot more. I do suggest you get a stamped receiver over the milled because there is a major weight difference. and if this helps, look at the track record, AK has been around longer and has been used by our Special Forces in Vietnam over the M16 and it doesn't jam

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    AK all the way, Never Quits, Mostly Hits. I have both and love the AK a lot more. I do suggest you get a stamped receiver over the milled because there is a major weight difference. and if this helps, look at the track record, AK has been around longer and has been used by our Special Forces in Vietnam over the M16 and it doesn't jam

The Garand has been around longer than the AK. How far back do you want to go?

Why was it used by special forces(or other non commie force) in Vietnam? It couldn't have been to blend in at all. Is the AK the only foreign weapon system used by anyone in the US military?

The AK never jams...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7aAa8fkY9U

The AK has it's merits. Just as the AR does. Neither is perfect. Figure out what you want to do with it and pick accordingly. Don't buy into the "Ford vs Chevy" arguments. Last time I checked, you can get stickers of Calvin pissing on either one.

Northman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1st and Foremost Springfield will always be my go-to rifle over every other pattern. it was used because it didn't have the reliability issue that the M16 had FTE and corrosion issues in the barrel, and the never had any problem like that. the only problem they really ever had was how to make their receivers. also:

"We left with 72 men in our platoon and came back with 19, Believe it or not, you know what killed most of us? Our own rifle. Practically every one of our dead was found with his [M16] torn down next to him where he had been trying to fix it."

—Marine Corps Rifleman, Vietnam

to the video that appeared to be a double feed and not a jam

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    North, thank you for your service and sorry for your loss. Just remember the AR15 of today is not the M16 of our time, many improvements and advancements since then.

Top Bottom