• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When: 7/20/2014 Setup begins at 7:00am, registration CLOSES at 8:30am sharp until ??

Where: Escambia River Gun Club http://escambiarivergunclub.org/

IDPA Defensive Pistol Match
    Shooting Disciplines: IDPA
    Bay Closed: Bays 2 and 3
    The Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters hold IDPA events on the Third Sunday and Fourth Saturday of the month. Setup begins at 7:00am, registration CLOSES at 8:30am sharp. For more information about IDPA at ERGC visit the NWFLDPS web site.

I'll update this as more information becomes available from the boss man :D.

Lots of GCGF shooters were out at the last match, we had a GREAT time, who's in??

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'll try to have my beard ready for this one. And Capri Suns...
    Edit...I'll be at the 26th one.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll try to have my beard ready for this one. And Capri Suns...
    Edit...I'll be at the 26th one.

I was laughing, but in reality I was very jealous of those capri suns....

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I should be down for this one. Remember, the second match on 7/26 is a classifier. You can still shoot it but I think you will need to already be an IDPA member by then. If any of you newer guys wanna get ready for the classifier, get in touch with me and we'll work something out. I shot it "cold" as my very first IDPA match and it confused the crap outta me! My pointers are free, take 'em if ya want!

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well guess what? I re read the new rules and now you can shoot the Classifier AND THEN join IDPA if you want, but you didn't hear that from me, cuz I want to be able to post all the scores with the IDPA member number the first time. It is best to shoot a couple of regular matches first before you shoot the Classifier. I would want to have a semblance of what goes on before I shot to classify, but then again we shoot the classifier a couple of times a year at least, so there are four matches that in which you can classify. Usually we shoot two per month, but this time I am breaking it up to the Saturday July match and the Sunday August match. So come on out and try your hand. It b fun! (I get paid a nickel each time I type "classifier.")

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well guess what? I re read the new rules and now you can shoot the Classifier AND THEN join IDPA if you want, but you didn't hear that from me, cuz I want to be able to post all the scores with the IDPA member number the first time. It is best to shoot a couple of regular matches first before you shoot the Classifier. I would want to have a semblance of what goes on before I shot to classify, but then again we shoot the classifier a couple of times a year at least, so there are four matches that in which you can classify. Usually we shoot two per month, but this time I am breaking it up to the Saturday July match and the Sunday August match. So come on out and try your hand. It b fun! (I get paid a nickel each time I type "classifier.")

How is the classifier going to be setup as far as shooting order? Does each person shoot every string in the first stage before everyone moves on to the next string, or does one shooter shoot all the strings in the first stage before everyone moves to the next stage?

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Each shooter will shoot the required strings of fire for each stage, so there will be 30 shots per stage. You will need to have at least three magazines with you-more is preferable. The squads will be done the usual way and as each shooter comes up, he will shoot the entire course of fire for that stage: 1,2 or 3. Stage 1 takes the longest with seven strings of fire, so we normally have two Stage 1's set up to make things move more quickly. You may end up shooting Stage 3, or Stage 2, or Stage 1 first and then move on to the next as other folks complete their stages.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Each shooter will shoot the required strings of fire for each stage, so there will be 30 shots per stage. You will need to have at least three magazines with you-more is preferable. The squads will be done the usual way and as each shooter comes up, he will shoot the entire course of fire for that stage: 1,2 or 3. Stage 1 takes the longest with seven strings of fire, so we normally have two Stage 1's set up to make things move more quickly. You may end up shooting Stage 3, or Stage 2, or Stage 1 first and then move on to the next as other folks complete their stages.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there a side match planned?

Also, I somehow missed the score email from the last match, that is assuming that it went out.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ian, the scores went out and are also posted at www.idpa.com. You didn't get the score sheet because my webmaster hadn't gotten your email address updated to our "Shooters" eblast list when I thought he had. I'll have to add you and TennJeep to the list when I email until he gets it updated. Check your email for the scores.

Bohica: You can see some IDPA matches on Youtube. The Rules, requirements, etc. can be found on www.idpa.com. Here's a link to our First Shooter Briefing http://nwfldps.org/IDPA_New_Shooter.pdf. Come on out and watch a match and see the fun. We shoot on the third Sunday and fourth Saturday. The third Sunday is a regular pistol match with a Rifle side match and the Classifier on the fourth Saturday with no side match because we want to make sure everyone gets to complete the Classifier. Let me know if you have any further questions. My email is jmrobinette@reagan.com.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I need to change the batteries on my Sparc and see if it will work. Otherwise, I'll be running irons for the side match. Heck, I might just run irons anyway.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You're more than welcome to it, at least my equipment will do well :D.

Haha. I'll think about it. And yes, I know you were at a disadvantage at the last match with your Sig. You gonna have the new rifle built in time for this weekend?

Edit: Oh, dang, I just remembered that this match is on a Sunday. That means I might have a chance to try out that Miculek brake.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haha. I'll think about it. And yes, I know you were at a disadvantage at the last match with your Sig. You gonna have the new rifle built in time for this weekend?

Edit: Oh, dang, I just remembered that this match is on a Sunday. That means I might have a chance to try out that Miculek brake.

Everything by the JP handguard, but I have a couple that I could use temporarily but I may bring something oddball out again just to have an excuse for my poor performance... :D.

Top Bottom