• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HayesGreener

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Defensive Shotgun Courrse 16 January Cantonment

Know More Investigations, LLC, is offering an entry level defensive shotgun course on Friday, January 16, 2015 in Cantonement, Florida. It is an 8-hour course on the range covering defensive shotgun handling, maintenance, capabilities, patterning, recoil management, operation, transitions from shotgun to pistol and back, and practical shooting. This course will provide the average person with skills and drills to master so they can effectively and safely protect home and family with the shotgun. We will fire approximately 150 rounds including buckshot, birdshot, and slugs at ranges of 100 down to 5 yards, and about 50 rounds of pistol ammunition. There will be a lot of shooting and movement throughout the day. You will need a police-type 20 or 12 gauge shotgun with tubular magazine, with shoulder stock and a tactical sling, a suitable defensive pistol or revolver, secure strong side holster, spare magazines or speedloaders, and pouches. Tactical sights on the shotgun are a plus but not essential. Rifled slug barrels with rifling are not appropriate for buckshot and birdshot shooting. Cost is $200 per person, you bring your own ammo. Contact us by email and we will send you a detailed list of loadout and instructions on what to bring and what to expect, and we will give you some specific recommendations on equipment. The instructors are retired law enforcement officers with more than 70 years firearms training experience between them. We have a Florida Class K instructor's license and have trained at some of the top shooting instructor schools in the country. When people ask me what the best weapon is for home defense my first response is always a pump shotgun. You will be amazed at what you can do with the often overlooked shotgun with training and practice. We also have specifically designed techniques for the ladies. Contact me at knowmorepi@gmail.com or 850-983-8745 to get on the schedule or if you have questions. Minimum number of students is 6 and the maximum is 12, if we have more than 12 we will schedule a second date. Let's make thunder.

Last edited:

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep....Too hot for this old fat guy. 1 hour at the range the other day and I was done. Might be interested later in the year.

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    november-dec. would be great for me! it is too hot around here this time of year!

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After hunting season when it's still cool enough would be better. Wouldn't catch me outside unless I'm on the water or mowing the grass from now till Sept.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm outside all day virtually every day for work. I can handle it but on my weekend days I tend to hibernate in the AC. Yeah, late Fall would be awesome.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Even though I can stand hot weather I'd be more interested in taking the course if it was offered in fall or just cool in general.

HayesGreener

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am bringing this to the top with some changes and a date of January 16, 2015.

Know More Investigations, LLC, is offering an entry level defensive shotgun course on Friday, January 16, 2015 in Cantonement, Florida. It is an 8-hour course on the range covering defensive shotgun handling, maintenance, capabilities, patterning, recoil management, operation, transitions from shotgun to pistol and back, and practical shooting. This course will provide the average person with skills and drills to master so they can effectively and safely protect home and family with the shotgun. We will fire approximately 150 rounds including buckshot, birdshot, and slugs at ranges of 100 down to 5 yards, and about 50 rounds of pistol ammunition. There will be a lot of shooting and movement throughout the day. You will need a police-type 20 or 12 gauge shotgun with tubular magazine, with shoulder stock and a tactical sling, a suitable defensive pistol or revolver, secure strong side holster, spare magazines or speedloaders, and pouches. Tactical sights on the shotgun are a plus but not essential. Rifled slug barrels with rifling are not appropriate for buckshot and birdshot shooting. Cost is $200 per person, you bring your own ammo. Contact us by email and we will send you a detailed list of loadout and instructions on what to bring and what to expect, and we will give you some specific recommendations on equipment. The instructors are retired law enforcement officers with more than 70 years firearms training experience between them. We have a Florida Class K instructor's license and have trained at some of the top shooting instructor schools in the country. When people ask me what the best weapon is for home defense my first response is always a pump shotgun. You will be amazed at what you can do with the often overlooked shotgun with training and practice. We also have specifically designed techniques for the ladies. Contact me at knowmorepi@gmail.com or 850-983-8745 to get on the schedule or if you have questions. Minimum number of students is 6 and the maximum is 12, if we have more than 12 we will schedule a second date. Let's make thunder.

helo_hunter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took the class from Jerry {Know More} a couple of months ago. Great class and very experienced instructors.

Top Bottom