• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    INFO from Sig:

Some mosquito pistol seems to have problems ejecting & extracting.

Please try these basic trouble shooting tips before requesting service: *Please make sure the recoil spring is installed correctly. The narrow end of the spring MUST be on the guide rod first...pointing towards the rear of the gun. If it is not, this will cause feeding, extraction and firing issues. *The longer (light power – some are painted white) spring should be used with Standard or High Velocity (1000+ fps) ammo. Use the shorter (heavy) spring for Hyper-Velocity (1400+ fps) ammo. *Like many .22 LR’s, Mosquito’s can be sensitive to ammunition used and to cleanliness and lubrication. Be sure your Mosquito is cleaned and lubricated regularly and before the first use. *There is a lubrication port on the right side of the slide for the extractor, be sure you add a drop of lube in this hole every hundred rounds or so. Make sure the gun is very clean. *Some Mosquito's benefit from a break-in period. *Be sure to use factory recommend ammunition - CCI Mini-Mags. Winchester Super-X, Remington Golden Bullet, Federal High Velocity etc...also usually work well.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mine ran great, until the slide came apart of course :smile:. Until that point, it shot thousands of rounds without many issues at all.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Deep woods off; 2 D*** funny. A lot of folks don't read there user manuals and or they put stuff together wrong and then its the "guns" fault. Just like if you don't sharpen the pencil; its gonna stop working and you gonna break it. We have all seen the guys at the range with the dry guns and the other extreme where they look like a leaking transmission. They don't read either.

Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey wild I'm sure glad you posted this, I've been eye balling a mosquito for a month now reading online about how bad they are. Now I can filter out most of the b.s. Just like the pmr30 I bought, if you don't follow the rules and ammo suggested from the factory you'll have issues. Again thanks man.

flbeach

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks wildrider666, you fixed mi mosquito, I was ready to sell it, I fixed the spring (which was probably why it was traded in) and ran about 60 rounds thru
    it today at the range without a incident. Last Monday had 7 malfunctions in one clip.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks wildrider666, you fixed mi mosquito, I was ready to sell it, I fixed the spring (which was probably why it was traded in) and ran about 60 rounds thru
    it today at the range without a incident. Last Monday had 7 malfunctions in one clip.

This is a beautiful thing! Glad you got it running!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad you folks got those little bugs running well! I have bought two pistols in the past that the owner warned were a POS. Did the C, L & assembly per the manual an both worked as advertised. One "Buddy" whined for weeks. I told him to do what I did and he said he did but it didn't help. Then he wants the "POS" back. Keeping harmony I sell it back. On the range later that year he AR is jamming badly. While helping him I ask about the POS gun and he says he put about 1K rounds thru it and was having problems again so he sold it. Dumb A**.

Mic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for all the advise. I bought one yesterday at the Show and was not sure about it. I got a really good deal on it with a trade, so I wasn't out much cash.
    Will definitely read the manual.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got one from a member here...it done very well, for a while.....then I did the fluff & buff to it and ever since its not
    picky with any "good ammo" and there is a fine line to what many here call good..........:tape2:

don't cut the mosquito no dis.....just read, study and know it.

I like mine, too bad some of yall have problems.:peace:

Top Bottom