• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah. I've seen some dedicated mags with better feed ramps specific to the 300. They change the rib a little to accomodate the bigger round and allow it to feed a little better.

Last edited:

dead-bird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    There's four of that have bee shooting the Blackout since its inception and the Whisper years before that.
    As far as I know none of us are looking for special, dedicated mags.
    I'll ask them on Sunday to be sure.

Some will modify "the rib" as they claim better feeding. Rounds can get pinched by the rib and as a result may not present for proper feeding at the top of the mag.
    Pmag and a few strokes with a file to the rib, if you find this to be the case, and you have your dedicated mag.
    I've not needed to do this.

Maybe Bruce will chime in as he's got way more experience with the AR / Blk than anyone else. Seem like I see him using that same old Pmag, day after day, week after week, month after month, don't know if we're in to years yet but I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Far from an expert on AR platforms but in reading up in preparation for a build I keep seeing that " anti tilt " followers can present a problem in the .300 blackout.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Have people been having a problem feeding 300blk out of .223 mags?

I just checked my 300BLK records. I've fired 8,371 rounds through various 300BLK AR uppers with no failures to feed that were the fault of the magazine, using a variety of unaltered .223/5.56 magazines of different capacities. I've heard there are magazines "better" designed for the Blackout, but have never seen a need to pursue obtaining any. Some people file down the inside rib of P-Mags to better align the bullet with the chamber; I don't. Various individuals have engraved or otherwise marked the sides of magazines with "300BLK", "300 Blackout", or "Blackout", mainly for the cool factor or to somehow prevent their loaded magazines from getting mixed with other loaded magazines. A person even came out with big rubber bands that you put around your mags that had 300 Blackout markings on them. It may be a solution in search of a problem.

Yes, I have an older 20rd P-Mag that I always carry to he range. Been trying to wear it out for years. It's pretty stained up from all the shooting, but still works fine.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looked on magpuls site nothing as fare as blackout. Just the standard stuff. I've seen magpul followers for 6.8 but there not on the site either. So no telling if there out or not.

Capt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had no problems with any p-mags(20 or 30 rounders),also use 2 different 5 round SS AR-Stoner mags for hunting(223-556),never missed a beat in either of my 300 Bl out AR's.

Top Bottom