• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got one of the Wally World Bounty Hunters for the wife a few years back. Its been in the yard twice. Found $.35. Yep a quarter and dime. Both newish. I need an excuse to take it out. Surely following spring break, there ought to be some finds on the beach.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Staz...I use to run a White's XLT, good machine but I wanted more depth and moved up to the MXT...then they upgraded the MXT to the MXT Pro which like the XLT has tone ID, I was sold..I need to find the old coins I found around here...the oldest being in Milton from the late 1880's, an IH penny.

group pic of some jewelery...front row in junk rings, LH is gold/platinum, RH is silver all found locally here in Pensacola/Milton area
    [URL=http://s307.photobucket.com/user/jarhead6153/media/Metal%20Detecting%20Finds/20140418_110711_zpsc1b54af0.jpg.html] [/URL]

silver coins found in park in Chicago a few yrs back
    [URL=http://s307.photobucket.com/user/jarhead6153/media/Metal%20Detecting%20Finds/mdfinds2009saltcreek.jpg.html] [/URL]

posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Total respect for you Ric-San, great job hunting. I hope to get some cool finds eventually. What dk you think of the Fisher F4? You seem to know a great deal about detectors.

posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ha! I was searching the differences in the Fisher F4 and Whites XLT and I saw a post from you in the Treasure Quest Forum Ric-san. I saved it to my favorites to join when I have the time to learn more on the subject. Whites XLT looks nice after I have been reading about it I just hate parting with the extra cash.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I started small w the new model Whites CoinMaster GT, the wholesale dealer for the entire area is on Hwy 20 just west of Freeport, excellent knowledge, service and parts, nice store there with everything in it and some good savings. They also have some good deals on Refurb units.

Gunin4m

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    This is something I'm becoming interested in. What are the better and best brands of detectors? And what are the brands to stay away from?

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was waiting for the weekend to expound more on detecting since im on 10 hr shift w/2 hr commute...a bit husy. Yes TreasurequestXLT.com is a family oriented easy going MD site..a buddy of mine is organizing this years big bash...normally held in Pennsylvania...so now all of those Yankees are heading to Destin. Fisher is a good unit, they also make Teknetics and the Bounty hunter ine of MD's meaning they are the same company...I'll try to set up a date where a bunch of us can meet up and search for treasure. I may head to the beach this weekend as some family is in town...beach detecting is way easier as I dig all signals there vs at a park where you actually have to dig...

Staz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ric-San I checked out the MXT Pro I am going to see if a deal pops up on Ebay or Craigslist from what I read it looks like quite the detector how does it handle at the beach?

posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Picked up a used Garrett GTAx550 today for $150 to begin learning the ropes ans as a detector for my wife to use until I make my new purchase. I thought it would be a fun hobby for us to have together, get exercise, and be able to cover more ground at the same time. Other used GTAx550s I saw were going for about $300 plus I picked it up in Pcola off of Craigslist.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have a wedding to attend and will be out of the area...once I return I will post about a md get together at a local beach or park...I'll have my back up detector if someone is on the fence about the hobby or which md to get. I started out with a Garret Ace-250 bought online from kellyco. Its a great begginers md as is the fisher f-4. Bounty Hunters are at the lower spectrum in entry level, the Ace-250 has tones and a electronic display making it a bit easier on a beginner. Tesoro is good...most are one tone beep dig old style BUT they are american made with a lifetime warrenty. When starting in the md hobby its best to shadow someone as they md to learn the ropes...it can be done by oneself also...just takes a bit more time to understand...

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I would love to join you guys if somebody has one I can use. I've been thinking of getting one for a while now.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It has always been an interest in my mind also, just played with the cheaper ones and never really been on a hunt. Then when most places of interest closed thier doors to detecting, I forgot about it cause I would not know a good place other than the overworked beaches.

posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My first find with my detector lol. Standard van.jpg
    And on a side note first time I was able to post a pic on this forum (had to change to standard setting with phone camera).

Attachments

• Standard van.jpg
      Standard van.jpg
      31.3 KB · Views: 106

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^^^ yes, my guess is that the problem most people have with posting pics is the file size. Every camera out there today (including phones) are super-duper megapixel and come set to the highest resolution. While this makes for great photos, the file size can get out of hand pretty quickly.

Top Bottom