• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Ok so I hit some yard sales this morning and guess what I stumbled across in the middle of the woods in Milton
    I was able to pick up a 1957 Ruger single six with pearled grips and it's the old 3 screw one.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      81.7 KB · Views: 177

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Ok after doing some cleaning and a little more checking I gonna have to call ruger Monday this gun has a serial number that is listed under two guns this is either a 1957 single six or a 1960s super single six. It has the fixed rounded front sight but has the rear adjustable sight so I ran the serial number and two guns come up. Very Perplexing

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    i had an old colt that came up as 3 dif guns, 2 of them being stolen. i didnt know that. dude comes to trade for some tires and brings the cops without telling me in advance. i bet he dont do that again. so the cop takes my gun and says i might can get it back later blah blah blah. im .38 hot by this point. ends up mine was good and he gave it back right there but i bout lost it on old dude for a min. if your bringing the cops to my house just let me know. good luck with it man.

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i had an old colt that came up as 3 dif guns, 2 of them being stolen. i didnt know that. dude comes to trade for some tires and brings the cops without telling me in advance. i bet he dont do that again. so the cop takes my gun and says i might can get it back later blah blah blah. im .38 hot by this point. ends up mine was good and he gave it back right there but i bout lost it on old dude for a min. if your bringing the cops to my house just let me know. good luck with it man.

So did you do the tire trade?

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oh my yea I would lose it !!!!! Thank god mine is a clean gun but on rugers web site for schematic reasons it's listing both guns I've ran into this before with rugers they use one gun to make another like the last one they most likely used the frame from a single six to build a custom super single six I had this on a Blackhawk 44 they used a base model to build a custom super Blackhawk 44 and forgot to log it as a custom Blackhawk. But one call to rugers hotline and they will tell me what I have

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Ok findly got ahold of Ruger today turns out this is a 1960 ruger single six but was sent back to ruger in 1965 and refitted with the super single six package meaning it got a longer barrel and magnum cylinder now it's list per Ruger as a 1960 Single Six Super thought the info was cool they even show where this gun was sent in for maintenance in 1968.

Top Bottom