• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    That's one of three adjustments. I have 2 older 700s not under recall and they don't have that screw. I have one newer 700 that is under current recall and it does have the screw in the trigger face. I'm making a wild guess that you have the older style trigger assembly despite what the SN says. I'm no expert for sure.

155SprtFsh

Banned
    FYI just sent the following email to Remington...may take a few days to get a response!!!!!!!

I know the best way to identify the recall on the 700 trigger is to enter the serial number into your website to find out if your gun is affected. Question... are there other triggers affected by this same recall that are not the adjustable X Mark Pro trigger. We have a member on our gun forum indicating that his trigger without adjusting screw falls under the same recall after he enters his serial number. If this is true what model gun/trigger would this fall under.

Dan1612

Master
    Thank you, Sir. Like I said, I'd probably replace it anyway, I was just curious. Thanks again.

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Dan here is Remington's response took a few days to get....may not be the answer you needed.... go figure!!!

FYI

Sent Question on 07/07

08/06 Here is their answer:

Thank you for contacting Remington. If the trigger is a Remington trigger and not an aftermarket the simplest way is to see if the trigger is smooth or ribbed. Smooth triggers are X-Mark Pro's and subject to the recall. The serial number alone is not enough. Visual verification is also necessary as some older guns have been fitted through repairs or upgrades.

If you have any further questions our parts and repair department is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST to assist you.
    (800) 243-9700

I tried maybe if you give them a call or more details you may get a different answer.....

Thanks
    Kenneth

Dan1612

Master
    Thank you, Sir. Funny thing is that it's smooth, but has no screw. I'll take it apiary when I get home. Thanks again.

t-blaze

Shooter
    I have a 700 Sendero sent back to them right now. Been gone a month and hope it gets back soon.

SAWMAN

Master
    Dan, soooooo...your saying that your weapon does not have a visible screw on the trigger bow/face)as in post #102 but it still falls under the recall. I did not know this. Good info. Does it have the screw on the front of the trigger group ??

My trigger group only has two adjustments. One on the trigger bow/face that IMO does nothing. I cannot get it to effect the trigger pull weight or reset in any way. I can take it out completely and it will not effect anything. Then there is the one on the fwd face of the trigger group(not the trigger itself). This is the adjustment that has caused all the recalls(IMO). If it is backed out to far the bolt(striker)will not reset when the bolt is turned closed.

I put a small drop of acetone on it and let it sit for 10 minutes or so. Then I backed it out until the bolt would not reset. Then turned it in until it would. I reapplied a extremely small dab of clear fingernail polish to where it goes into the trigger group. NONE on the inside or on the threads.

My trigger tests(w/ my digital Lyman gauge)at 3lbs 2ozs(avg of 5 pulls). It passes the bolt slam test,and the weapon being dropped on it's recoil pad from a foot or so,test. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Yeah, Sawman, there's no screw. I'll swing it by next week for you to take a peek, just for S&G.
    Mine (no screw, smooth face):
    3yhamu9y.jpg

Fish's (screw)
    5eqetyny.jpg

SAWMAN

Master
    Freakin weird. Wondering if the rest of the trigger group is the same as mine. Bring it over,we'll see. We just might be able to adjust it similar to mine and give you an acceptable trigger release weight. --- SAWMAN
    EDIT To Add: Forgot to mention --> the set screw on the front of the trigger pack has a small spring deep inside of it. It was told to me that you can unscrew this set screw out all the way and take it out(however the bolt will not reset)but be careful not to loose the smallish spring. Some people have cut/modified this small spring. Personally,I do not really want to do that. The trigger is right where I want it now. Soooooooooooo..........

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Weird indeed, though being a big box cheapo special ADL, I also doubt it has the x mark trigger, or whatever it's called. At least that's my guess.

Snow Bird

Master
    I don't have a gauge but that screw made a BIG diffrence on the trigger pull on mine. Maybe I got lucky. I haven't had the stock off it yet to see what it looks like inside. Don't shoot it at all but tried all the tests and banged it harder than I should on the floor and all was good.

155SprtFsh

Banned
    I believe this trigger was never intended to go lower than 3lbs as stated below 3 to 5 pounds....but you can make it lighter if you remove the glue etc. There is a pictorial of this trigger on www.erniethegunsmits.com/catalog/i173.html that shows the location of all adjusting screws.....mine came from the factory set at 3lbs +/- I pulled mine ten times with my gauge and it varied from just under 3lbs to just over...and that is where mine will stay for hunting.

About time! Remington have launched a new trigger called the “Adjustable X-Mark Pro Trigger”. A great feature is that it is externally adjustable. No more taking the rifle out of the stock, putting it back, testing how it feels and repeating the procedure. From the press release: Since its introduction in 2007, the Remington X-Mark Pro trigger, utilizing advanced technological manufacturing processes and extremely tight production tolerances, may be considered the finest production trigger in the marketplace. With virtually no creep and its clean, crisp “breaks-like-glass” feel, the X-Mark Pro delivers enhanced accuracy and unmatched shot control. Now, our best production trigger just got better – for 2009, Remington is proud to introduce the Adjustable X-Mark Pro Trigger with external adjustment for trigger pull weight. This user-friendly, externally-accessible adjustable trigger is set at the factory to a pull weight of 3 ½ pounds with a 2 pound range of adjustment (3 to 5 pounds). The key components of the X-Mark Pro trigger feature mirror-like surface finishes for crisper trigger pull. Electroless nickel plating enhances corrosion resistance and further improves surface finish. The result is an ultra-crisp feel with no creep. The X-Mark Pro Adjustable trigger operates like the current Remington fire control and features a safety that blocks the sear and trigger. The advanced design allows for consistent 3 ½ pound trigger pulls set directly from the factory. Should you feel the need; the trigger can be externally adjusted within a range of 2 pounds (3 to 5 pounds) with the included tool. The X-Mark Pro Adjustable Trigger now comes standard on all new 2009 Model 700™ and Model Seven™ bolt-action rifles. For true custom performance in a production-grade rifle, look for Remington centerfire rifles with the new X-Mark Pro Adjustable Trigger. - See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...able-x-mark-pro-trigger/#sthash.dwpEnKmw.dpuf

Just Dave

Marksman
    I gave up on Remington getting my rifle back by hunting season. It is now sporting a Timney trigger set at 2lbs. I like them light. Took less than 24 hours with no tracking involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    MASOCHIST
    [mas-uh-kist]
    1.the condition in which sexual,or other gratification depends on one's suffering physical pain or humiliation
    2.a person who is gratified by pain,degradation,etc,that is self imposed by others.
    3.a person who finds pleasure in self-denial,submissiveness,etc.

Just sayin' ................................... --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom