• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Thanks for the info. One of mine is affected, but I've replaced the trigger on it. I need to contact the person who has the trigger now.

M.O.A.

Master
    Thanks for the info. One of mine is affected, but I've replaced the trigger on it. I need to contact the person who has the trigger now.

Fixed it..tuned it..send it back ?? Not going to happen. I had to remove the glue they're worried about to get the screws out and adjust it. Lol

Daezee

Master
    M.O.A.,

My Rem M700 300 Blackout that we talked about is listed as needing the recall per its serial number. So if I bring it over for you to "undo" what I did, would it need the recall?

Thanks,
    Bruce

Last edited:

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Anytime guys. Safety first. I'm in the same boat as you MOA. Not gonna happen. I'm never loaded unless I'm ready to fire. My gun doesn't go hunting, just the range.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Fixed it..tuned it..send it back ?? Not going to happen. I had to remove the glue they're worried about to get the screws out and adjust it. Lol

That "excessive" glue is what caused me to strip out the overtravel adjustment screw in the first place. I was scared of putting too much heat to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Snow Bird

Master
    My new puurty gun is in there to but I don't see any since in sending mine in yet. I have only shot it 9 times and mine will most likely never go hunting anything besides paper.

M.O.A.

Master
    M.O.A.,

My Rem M700 300 Blackout that we talked about is listed as needing the recall per its serial number. So if I bring it over for you to "undo" what I did, would it need the recall?

Thanks,
    Bruce

You should still send it in to Remington especially if its intended for hunting. Reasoning for not sending my target guns back is the same as Tennjeep. Intend to check my VTR that I hunt with and if it is affected will return it for service simply for liability reasons.

M.O.A.

Master
    Now the question. How many of our rifles are in their " as built from the factory " configuration? I can pretty much guarantee that they won't do warranty work on rifles that are in aftermarket stocks or have been bedded.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Now the question. How many of our rifles are in their " as built from the factory " configuration? I can pretty much guarantee that they won't do warranty work on rifles that are in aftermarket stocks or have been bedded.

I'm not sure I agree. I bet they will have to fix the triggers, as long as nothing has been done to them. It's like a car recall where the wiring could catch fire. Even though the owner has put different rims and tires on the car, the manufacturer still has to fix the wiring.

Now if the trigger has been adjusted or modified in any way, then I will be that they won't fix it.

M.O.A.

Master
    Quote from the article in " Recoil" that made me wonder about that.

"I’ve asked Remington what they suggest to customers that have moved a recalled action/trigger to a different, aftermarket stock or have replaced a recalled X-Mark Pro with an aftermarket trigger. They haven’t commented, yet, but I’m willing to bet they won’t work on triggers that are outside the receiver because of the liability involved should you an improperly, customer installed trigger cause an accident.

Actions moved to other stocks seem like they wouldn’t be that hard to work with, but if the recall is as big as it could be, then they aren’t going to have the time to figure out how to work on every aftermarket Model 700/Model 7 stock out there. They’ll likely say the rifle must be returned to its factory configuration and sent in"

Snow Bird

Master
    After pondering on this for awhile Guess I will send mine back. Like the XDs I think I will wait to see the turn around time.

155SprtFsh

Banned
    If it has my name on it go figure....black crow flies overhead constantly. Has anyone contacted them yet and if so I would think you would have to remove the scope before returning or just send trigger back does anyone know? Both 300 and 308 are on the hit list..................

SAWMAN

Master
    I got a Rem 700 SPS Tac(16.5") chambered in 308Win a couple of months before last deer season. It was absolutely NIB. This weapon was bought from a local FFL. The trigger is a XMP and it tested(with my digital trigger pull gauge)at 4lbs 12ozs with an average of 5 pulls.

I adjusted it as per the owners manual and the pull weight did not come down at all. I called Rem and discussed this with them and they basically told me to send them my trigger and they would send out a new one to the FFL where I bought it. "It will take about 3 weeks" they said. I told them my displeasure with their false marketing and their "great X-Mark Pro trigger. Their basic attitude was.......yeah,well ok,have a nice day.

With a small drop of acetone I broke the screw on the side of the trigger group free. It had some red "lacquer type" stuff on it. My opinion is -----> it was put there to both stop the small screw form backing out...AND...to let the factory know if someone messed with it so as to(possibly)void the warranty.

I adjusted this screw out about two full turns(maybe a little more) as to "pre load" this adjustment. Then I screwed the adjustment screw on the face of the trigger out all the way. Actually....I took it out all together. l then re-installed it so that it is "almost" flush with the face of the trigger.

I put a few small dabs of Tetra Gun grease on certain places on the bottom of the bolt and the bolt channel where the trigger release is. NOW........my trigger tests at 3lbs 2ozs.

I have since dropped this action into a B&C 2956-02 stock. Perfect fit. Shoots mo-bedda.

My guns serno falls under the recall. Will I send my gun in ?? EFF NO !!!!! Hell ... I didn't even send in the warranty card. --- SAWMAN

Telum Pisces

Master
    I got a Rem 700 SPS Tac(16.5") chambered in 308Win a couple of months before last deer season. It was absolutely NIB. This weapon was bought from a local FFL. The trigger is a XMP and it tested(with my digital trigger pull gauge)at 4lbs 12ozs with an average of 5 pulls.

I adjusted it as per the owners manual and the pull weight did not come down at all. I called Rem and discussed this with them and they basically told me to send them my trigger and they would send out a new one to the FFL where I bought it. "It will take about 3 weeks" they said. I told them my displeasure with their false marketing and their "great X-Mark Pro trigger. Their basic attitude was.......yeah,well ok,have a nice day.

With a small drop of acetone I broke the screw on the side of the trigger group free. It had some red "lacquer type" stuff on it. My opinion is -----> it was put there to both stop the small screw form backing out...AND...to let the factory know if someone messed with it so as to(possibly)void the warranty.

I adjusted this screw out about two full turns(maybe a little more) as to "pre load" this adjustment. Then I screwed the adjustment screw on the face of the trigger out all the way. Actually....I took it out all together. l then re-installed it so that it is "almost" flush with the face of the trigger.

I put a few small dabs of Tetra Gun grease on certain places on the bottom of the bolt and the bolt channel where the trigger release is. NOW........my trigger tests at 3lbs 2ozs.

I have since dropped this action into a B&C 2956-02 stock. Perfect fit. Shoots mo-bedda.

My guns serno falls under the recall. Will I send my gun in ?? EFF NO !!!!! Hell ... I didn't even send in the warranty card. --- SAWMAN

That's kind of my thoughts as well. I've owned this gun quite a while and I am happy with it. Just because some idiot out there can't take care of their guns and clean them properly does not warrant action on my part. I've taken my rifle down and clean it thoroughly and make sure there is no build up in the trigger mech.

Marquezj16

Marksman
    I'm gonna have to check mine but I'd rather replace mine instead of sending it in.

Top Bottom