• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    I logged in to their site after learning my rifle was affected. I got an email acknowledgement. It has been almost 4 weeks since they said they would send me the shipping boxes. Nothing... I'm thinking an aftermarket trigger is the way to go, if I want to hunt with it this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Something went wrong.....Id contact them.
    They shipped my box - with tracking # - only a few days after I first contacted them.
    Aftermarket trigger will probably still get you a better pull weight though. Just more expensive.
    I cant find an aftermarket trigger in Stainless, so I'll have to wait for the factory one to come back.

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Just got back from Gander Mountain and they had fully re-stocked all their Remington's with XMark pro triggers. I think the lady said they had 60+ that were repaired. They sent theirs back about the same time as mine. Look at it this way you will have an extra $100+ to spend on ammo if you decide to send yours back. Also, you won't have to jack the selling price after adding your aftermarket trigger....more money in your pocket!!!!!!!!!!!Good luck all.

Marquezj16

Marksman
    Package arrived at Rem on 27 June. Gonna check Rem now to check status.

Checked the website at online repair tracking and there is no info yet. Bummer

Last edited:

155SprtFsh

Banned
    If you don't get this status (Firearm/part has been received and logged in)...in couple days. Send a email to info@remington.com with a status request and they will issue a "service ticket response"...If not happy then send one every week...their check status has a few issues...it will occasionally go down and won't give an update. Hope this helps...
    Thanks
    Kenneth

reel_crazy

Expert
    FINALLY... got my gun back (7-22)..
    started the process back on 4-22, shipped it out on 5-15, ..

Pulled the gun out of the box and when I went to put the bolt in I noticed someone had done some machining on the receiver!.. as you look at it from the rear the top left portion where the bolt handle tang fits when open , it appears to have been machined on a mill as the entire receiver / barrel is flat black (sps 700) and this area is shiny metal.. wtf?..
    Also noted what appeared to be grey grease marks on the stock.. have not had a chance to take pics or do anything but put the bolt in and dry fire then back in the safe it went..

been covered up at work lately and was out of town for a week .. so have not been following things here or anywhere else for that matter..

rich

reel_crazy

Expert
    john..

pretty sure.. I had taken the scope / rings off before shipping, but did not put the filler screws back in and this one is the same.. I cannot imagine that I would not have spotted the machining before.. have only fired 20 rounds or so thru it .. dialing in the scope and doing the break in process.. I will double check the serial tho..

rich

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Good to check it. You never know what could happen when they are swamped.

reel_crazy

Expert
    ser # match.... receiver has definitely been machined .. I need to get some pics and give them a call.. I need to look again but the repair ticket said something bout factory spec... perhaps they have identified other issues and it might explain why mine took so long.. just too busy at the moment to deal with it..

rich

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Marquezj16 did Remington send you an official notice of the recall? if not I would wait a couple of weeks and send them another email stating how you found out about it and tell them about their shitty website...............etc. stay on their ass until they get sick of you. I got my notice a week after my gun was returned.

reel_crazy

Expert
    Their web site sucks.. you put your repair ticket info and it either comes back right away and says "Received Logged in" or something like that or it times out and says "An Error Occurred. Please Re-enter your numbers".. note chrome at least shows the waiting on web site status when this happens i.e. shows nothing..

rich

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Before you sent your rifle off did Remington send you a letter telling you about the recall? I found out about the recall on this forum not by an official letter from Remington. That's all I was trying to say is add that with the poor website info in an email.

reel_crazy

Expert
    sprtFsh.. I have received nothing from rem.. and am pretty sure I registered the gun when I purchased it new last summer / fall.. and yes I did initially hear about it here..

I still need to take pics of the condition my gun was in as returned to me.. grease marks on the stock.. and some new machining has been done on the receiver which stands out on an all black gun.. I guess I could put some magic marker on it .. I am just not pleased with the whole process... and am too busy to deal with it right now..

I will be installing a new trigger at some point and perhaps a new stock .. etc....

rich

155SprtFsh

Banned
    I would send a email asking...why did I have to find out about this recall second nature...when will I receive my official notice of the recall...there are a lot of individuals on our forum holding out due to the crappy notifications...why were the repairs not documented...this is not acceptable.................Good Luck!!!!!

Dan1612

Master
    Got a 700 today. It's under the recall, but since the trigger will eventually be scrapped, I don't care. Meanwhile , I'm not gonna be loading it unless I'm at the range or on a hunt, so all should be well.

I really can't believe how cheap the sweet aftermarket triggers are. I'd rather just buy one if those than deal with the BS. One of the many reasons I chose a 700 for my longer distance needs.

JMO.

Dan1612

Master
    Aren't the affected triggers supposed to have a screw on them? The website says my rifle is affected, but there's no screw. Any ideas? I don't know much about these things.
    hagype5e.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom