• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M.O.A.

Master
    The issue as I understand it is that some of the " glue" makes its way into the trigger workings. If a small piece breaks off and wanders into the wrong spot it can cause unintentional discharge even with the safety engaged. That being said I have pretty much decided to just go with aftermarket trigger groups on my affected rifles and be done with it.

joe

Master
    I have one. LOL Did they not come up with this trigger to fix a supposed issue with the old one.

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Just got off the phone with Remington and I will be sending both guns in for repair. They are sending boxes to accommodate scope and all that is attached. I asked them if they damaged the scope while shipping would they be responsible....the lady said they would take care of any damage and it would be insured during shipping. I forgot to ask if you took an ax to the original gun would they still do repairs to the trigger..................will see!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    My 700's trigger has been tricked out down to a bit under 2 lb. The only time a round is chambered is when I'm in a shooting house. I think I'll chamber a sized case with a fresh primer and do a bump test with the safety on and with the safety off as well. If it fails, we'll address if if not.... crickets...

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Got my boxes in the mail Monday afternoon and shipped on Tuesday........................The lady at UPS oh!!! some more Remington 700's.....just wondering how long it will take and the condition they will be in upon return since I sent scopes and all.

Telum Pisces

Master
    just wondering how long it will take and the condition they will be in upon return since I sent scopes and all.

Bad move if you ask me. Should have taken the scopes off if you ask me.

Daezee

Master
    Got my boxes in the mail Monday afternoon and shipped on Tuesday........................The lady at UPS oh!!! some more Remington 700's.....just wondering how long it will take and the condition they will be in upon return since I sent scopes and all.

Please keep us informed.

155SprtFsh

Banned
    The way my luck runs if I would have taken the scopes off they would have lost the shipment...never to be found...etc. I'll take my chances what do I have to loose...gain...that's what insurance is for.

Viking1204

Master
    Bad move if you ask me. Should have taken the scopes off if you ask me.

+1 No way I would send fragile optics back with a gun going in for repair. I had to send two Marlins manufactured by Remington in for repair and I made sure the optics didn't go with them. Remington did a messed up job when they took over Marlin and now it looks like their quality has taken a dive in a lot of other areas too, it's a shame really.

155SprtFsh

Banned
    This forum is starting to sound like the PFF....I guess my next post will be just got my guns back...what a shitty job Remington...my trigger/crosshairs are still broke. Damn I will have to send them back!!!!!!!!!!

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Trigger Recall

Left Pensacola on 4/14/14 currently at New Hartford NY waiting to be shipped to Remington Arms at Ilion NY 17 miles away....ground shipping will hopefully be the longest part of the repairs...............along with the 1400000000 waiting to be repaired!!!!!!!!!

Telum Pisces

Master
    As of Monday, 04/28/2014 at 9:56 A.M. both guns arrived at Remington Arms................................................................

Keep us updated. Mine is affected and I'm on the fence about sending mine in or just replacing the trigger with an aftermarket one myself.

Top Bottom