• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some of them need to be in prison for murder, period. But as you said, doubtful it will happen.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Doesn't sound like the new guy is doing any better than the old guy controlling his officers. Something really needs to be done. And yes, if a cop kills in cold blood than he should be tried for murder IMHO.

Idoono

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read this this morning, and was going to post it, but instead went with the article on the LA sheriff's shooting. Given the contents of the report, I don't see why the APD wasn't disbanded, or at least placed under federal supervision.

Strongly worded letters like this are nice, but unless they are willing to start prosecuting these officers, nothing will change.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The justice department investigating or criticizing anyone for illegal activity is a joke until they clean their own act up. Does APD has issues, probably. Can the justice department fix them, not a chance because their own agency is rife with corruption and no accountability from the top down.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At what point is an armed citizen going to fire at the APD in self defense? That would be the pinnacle of a crisis in Albuquerque, when citizens are having to legally defend themselves from the police.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm all for defending your self but how blatant an infraction would a LE have to commit on a citizen such that a jury would let them off?

Even if you were able to defend yourself, you'd be gunned down shortly after by any other LE around our that showed up after the fact.

I don't think self defense is an option that doesn't paint the citizen in anything but a bad light. I disagree with this whole heartedly, but I don't think a citizen is going to get a fair shake in that situation.

At what point is an armed citizen going to fire at the APD in self defense? That would be the pinnacle of a crisis in Albuquerque, when citizens are having to legally defend themselves from the police.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Given their track record, which is now well documented by the federal government, and not a matter in dispute or for discussion, I think it's clear that the APD would track such a person down and kill them well before there was any chance at a trial.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am thinking kicking in my door at home by mistake or a gun grab I would be firing away, but as Nate says I would most likely be dead in the end, but hey the jury might say i was in my rights...LOL There have already been cases like this across the country.

Marquezj16

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cross that city off for places I'd want to move too.

Seriously though, it's the citizens that need to voice their rights and hold that police force accountable.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How can they? They have been complaining for years, and their last protest was meet with armored vehicles, riot gear, and tear gas. The video of that is on the net everywhere.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WHAT A DEAL, let's see how this well finish out, hope the Indians get into this as well, sense we took it away from them in the first place :plane:

Top Bottom