• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I can see their liability risk in people bringing their own loaded ammo. Can't say I blame them. Surely if you get past the emotion of being told no, you can see why. "It's not you, it's everyone around you"

You know what they say "my house, my rules"

True - but just like with comedy, how you deliver the comment, rule or joke is everything.
    I've been in to the shop and to the new store front for the range - overall OK group of guys.
    I'm looking at it like growing pains - every new business or expansion has bumps on rollout. Its a big investment and they are being careful - just have to make sure you don't sour your (no pun intended here) target group in the beginning.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Haven't been there, heck I don't even know the "real" name of the place yet. From where I am Oak Ridge is closer. If I had the capital I would put one up here in the Shalimar area. At this point it would take nothing less than a good winning lottery ticket.

But I think something like an indoor range is a pretty niche thing. I mean, you're going to have people from both sides of the addiction that are 'regulars'. The weekend folks that blow off a 100 or so rounds just to make some holes in paper. But a business can't survive on weekend regulars alone can it? I know restaurants aren't the same model, but they say 8 out of 10 restaurants close within the first year of opening.

Then there's the folks that would shoot 500+ rounds a week in two or more visits. Which group would generate more revenue?

I would think the folks that shoot often also reload. Folks that take their weekend gun club matches for 'serious fun' probably want to practice on occasion. I would think folks like that practice what they shoot with, which is also probably reloads. Just a thought.

Last edited:

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What's all the whoop t dooo with an indoor range anyway?? I would rather shoot outdoors any day. Just join ERGC and be done with it. a great experience every time. Members make a better group of shooters, than a walk in range every time. I can see if you are allergic to Florida weather or it is raining , but the cost greatly outweighs the benefits. JMCO

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What's all the whoop t dooo with an indoor range anyway?? I would rather shoot outdoors any day. Just join ERGC and be done with it. a great experience every time. Members make a better group of shooters, than a walk in range every time. I can see if you are allergic to Florida weather or it is raining , but the cost greatly outweighs the benefits. JMCO

what he said

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I was wanting somewhere close to my co-worker's location.
    I ain't paying no-one for me to shoot anywhere !!
    I can do it in my back yard.
    just was wanting a place close after work for her.
    we took care of the training elsewhere and all is good now.

continue on.........:fish2:

Last edited:

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Flipping channels and came across a show by Timberline Homes (one of my customers in Brewton) and they're doing a story at The Pensacola Indoor Shooting Range. It was filmed back during Christmas I'm thinking. I wonder if I'm looking at any of you guys on the firing line?

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Can't draw from a holster, so once was enough for me.
    I thought the 15$ an hour was a bit Steep, but after 45 minutes of only doing slow fire and pairs at 5,7,10,15 and 25 yards I got bored and left....
    I like the shop, however. I spent near an hour after shooting talking with a range officer from hurlbert. At first it was obvious he was tryig to sell but then we started talking about mag disconnects, different action types, by the time my wife blew up my phone we were just conversating. I've delt with specialty before, I did a trade with them and they were a whole helluva lot more fair than any other shop in town.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Max, you are better than I, after 15 minutes just standing in 1 spot shooting a hand gun is it for me, damn sure would not pay $15 an hour for it...if that was all there was to it I would not have a gun! very boring!

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Frank, I was trying out a new purchase. Pretty much the only thing lacking was a draw and fire ability.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yeah I guess but 15 an hour when I am used to 10 or so a day...but in your case worth it I guess. I need a range closer to me but has to have at least a 50-100yard

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Ohhhhh the negativity. Just wondering,all who posted here,raise your hand if you have NEVER even been to an indoor shooting range.

Yeah ........ suspected as much. ----SAWMAN

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been to an indoor range one time. Didn't like it but I can see where it's better than nothing and good for people that don't have anywhere else to shoot.

The one time I went I was with Hoss (Hossfly72) and he got hit with a ricochet.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't been to that range but I have been to several others and enjoyed my time there - especially in the summer - I like A/C in my old age. One of these days I will stop by and see it - $15/hr is not so bad - that's about all the time/ammo I would be interested in shooting for a handgun anyhow. There was a sporting goods store with an indoor range on W St just north of Michigan Ave. I thought it was pretty sad when it closed.

Last edited:

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    $15 an hour is not that bad... but I don't like that you can't shoot your handloads and you can't keep the brass......:crazy:

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They have never been to strict on the hour with me but I go during the week. Also gather my 45 & 10mm brass and no one has ever said a word to me about it.

Sucks but I get the no handloads and no lead due to air quality. They have great air for an indoor range. However, if you stick with jacketed bullets and have relatively clean loads you take in saved commercial boxes who would know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ohhhhh the negativity. Just wondering,all who posted here,raise your hand if you have NEVER even been to an indoor shooting range.

Yeah ........ suspected as much. ----SAWMAN

I have been to quite a few Indoor ranges, especially when I live in central\south Florida. Pretty much the same. Hourly-ish, depends on how many people are waiting. I have never been kicked out or asked for more money because I ran a little over. I usually keep an eye out on my time at the range anyway because I want other people to have their range time too. Also, I look at it this way, their house, their rules...you come to my house and don't ask for a beer in the fridge first....all hell is gonna break loose.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I've delt with specialty before, I did a trade with them and they were a whole helluva lot more fair than any other shop in town.

+1. They quoted me $300 more for a potential trade in than any other shop in town (one shop even flat out refused).

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    They do run a good pawnshop. I'll give them that. HOWEVER, when translating that to another business, such as a shooting range; that "I don't give a sh!t whether I get your business or not" attitude that is actually quite profitable in a pawn shop as it lowers the expectations of those pawning things, really doesn't cut it. JMO & JME.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah,the "No Handloads" thing is a bit hard to swallow. However,with the potential of a ka-boom or other,I can understand their reasoning. Especially after the lawyers and their insurance had a heart-o-heart talk with them. I ask myself,if I poured my life savings or borrowed money into a indoor range,would I allow people to shoot their reloads ?? Uhhhhhhh .......... NO !

Most reloaders are a safe bunch ..... however ..... I have seen some and talked to others that were an accident waiting to happen. All in all,I want to shoot my reloads and I want to recover ALL my brass(and others). That to me will keep me away somewhat. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom