• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I went by today to check on the progress and I am SERIOUSLY impressed.
    It is easily the nicest range I have EVER been to. I don't usually like indoor ranges, but this place is impressive.
    I must admit that I was very skeptical when they first started selling memberships to a place that didn't exist and promising all this cool stuff. I remember thinking, yeah right, I'll fork over the cash when and if I see it, but from what I saw today, everything will be delivered.

Beaux was nice enough to show me around, and said that he took the first shots earlier today.

It's very well lit. There's a lounge, a large case for rentals, a serious ventilation system, steel core stall dividers, and a really neat video system where you can see your target out to 25 yards, the only problem is that you and your target will also be playing live in the lounge big screen for your friends or family to laugh at your shooting.

If I had not shown up so late, I would have signed up for my pre-opening membership right then and there. I'll be going back Thursday to do that. Apparently, they're waiting on their certificate of occupancy and also finishing up minor aesthetics.

Overall, the place looks GREAT, and if you even think you might be slightly interested in it. Swing by and see it for yourself. The gun shop is open but they will be opening the range soon, at which time, the memberships will go up in price. It'll be really great to have a range in town. I know I'll be shooting more than I ever have before. Good thing I bought reloading equipment.

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ya last time i looked at it the price was HIGH dollar.. I dont go to the indoor range enuff to pay out,whats the cost now adays for the membership?
    I've gone to the Oak Range in Midway,was'nt too bad.... Hopefully Bobby and the the crew have that ventilation system set up just right where it will take alot of the fumes out.. That is one thing the range in midway does not do too well with,getting rid of the fumes and replacing fresh air.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    When I did the math, I'd have to go once a month to break even on the membership. I already go to the range (Santa Rosa) at least once a month, and it's 45 minutes away. Being 10 minutes from my house, I'll easily make it once a week.

Beaux showed me the 20 ton air unit, fumes won't be a problem there.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    It's in car city. Got a huge picture of a 1911 in the front (Bonus points).

I was not about to give these guys a dime until I saw the place, but I'm telling you man, these guys built it right.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Don't know the address. 29, north of airport, south of 10, on the East side of 29, vague, I know.

Hazy1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just north of Astro Lincoln I believe on the same side of the road

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I don't get the indoor thing. Just me I guess... :)

me niether. a lot of people might not have any other option though. i mean it would be nice if it rained a lot or you could shoot at night. kinda need those days to cast bullets and reload though. i hate being inside.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I figure anytime I go out to Santa Rosa, I spend an hour and a half in the car total. To go to the indoor range, it'll only be 20 minutes total, that's 70 extra minutes of shooting. Whoo Hoo!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dan you better get to reloading tons of ammo! I can see indoor being great in the Summer heat or rainy/bad weather days and at night after work especially in the winter. I don't shoot pistols much and need longer than 25yds for rifle plus I am more an outdoors shooter but it should get a lot of business. If you cannot move and shoot indoors it is limited for training is there an area for drills? Will they allow you to shoot your 50's? a lot of indoor ranges do not.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yes, you can shoot 50's as long as they're not BMG's. I don't shoot rifles much, so 25 for pistols is plenty for me. I'll need to get .45 dies soon. Now I'm wishing I had saved all that brass I've fired. Lol.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Isn't it right by thier pawn shop? or is it in another location? If it is by thier pawn shop (with the big 1911) on the side, it is not quite car city and on Pace Bvld just south of Fairfield? but I don't know if they built it there or not.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Not at the pawn shop. It's in car city with a huge photo transfer of a Kimber Crimson Trace Model of some kind.
    6428 Pensacola Blvd.
    I believe it's this picture:
    eha9ysy9.jpg

The door is right where the trigger is. I couldn't find it at first. Lol.

Last edited:

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    just signed up.. the place looks great.. nice to have yet one more gun shop to visit as well.. I have been to the indoor range in gulf breeze and this much nicer.. more room in the stalls and nicer finish..
    the thing I like about indoor is the ability to quickly change targets, no waiting for range to go cold.. and being in town heck I could go during lunch..

Only thing better would be living next door to Jerome..

rich

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ^ Either way.
    Though, IIRC, you break even with either way if you go once a month. I was gonna wait till I shot in it and felt it out, but from the quality and attention to detail they've put into it, I'm sold.

bfisher1970

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just printed my application
    I put you as the one that referred me Dan....
    Maybe you will get a prize LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom