• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ^ I have no idea. It's probably just for marketing research.

I have no affiliation, I just really want them to do well since it'll be a huge asset to me as well as other shooters in the community, and they really deserve some credit. The place is impressive.

KimberLyn

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They will do pay as you go, but like Dan1612 said, it averages about the same. Tho with your membership you get to bring 2 guests with you. And get a few extra amenities.
    Its a big chunk but they do offer discounts to the normal military, police, etc.
    Ive done walk thrus several times as they have progressed since last year. The facility is very nice.
    Ive made them the home for my local Female Shooting Chapter.
    Im not big on shooting inside either, but the attention that they have paid to detail in the shooting room... is impeccable. I cant wait to start shooting there. They should be open now to just paid members and will be open to the public by either next week or week after!
    They are on the left Hwy 29 South right after Burgess before Industrial.
    ~~~
    Armed Lady Pensacola Chapter (facebook)
    j.stegall@armedlady.com
    www.armedlady.com

bfisher1970

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally got in there and signed up today.
    Really nice place and alot closer so I'll be much more likely to go shoot every week.

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    stopped by during my lunch break and let off a few rounds.. very nice setup... im gonna be spending a lot more on ammo

rich

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I stopped by before I went on a little mini vacation last week...

This range is AWESOME. It is up to par with the nicest that I have been to in the "big cities" and I can't wait to get some trigger time over there. Beau was nice enough to show me around and they have an excellent setup! It is right around the corner from my shop, so I plan to join ASAP and get some trigger time in during lunch breaks, after work, before work etc, the location is perfect for me and it will be great to make use of the enormous air conditioning system that they have there during the summer heat.

The shop was really nice as well, reasonable prices and quite the selection, I spent a good 45 minutes just perusing about and bs'ing with the guys.

The only negative that I can see here is my increased ammo expenditure.... :thumb:

I am looking forward to joining up and seeing you guys soon!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    However, if you're a big bore or rifle shooter, you need to look elsewhere. Very nice place, but I'm gonna pass for now.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    However, if you're a big bore or rifle shooter, you need to look elsewhere. Very nice place, but I'm gonna pass for now.

Probably not the best for rifles, but perfect for brushing up on your pistol skills on a regular basis... Dan you've gotta join, a nice range like this MUST succeed!! :D

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ian

if you need guest access let me know.. heck you could bout walk there from your work place..

not sure what dan is referring to .. i think they only allow factory ammo.. so yeah its gonna drive up my ammo bill...

rich

beaux

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We Will have times when you can shoot a 500 or 300 Blackout/ ar.... just not all the time. We have only been open 3 days, Don't have everything figured out just yet.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He may be talking about the rule where when the brass hits the floor it belongs to the range.

I already have plans for an elaborate contraption involving a hula skirt and an upside down umbrella to catch my brass before it hits the floor.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Want to function/test fire or "battle" sight in a rifle that you just put together, such as one that you may have just had Cerakoted? Or any rifle, for that matter?
    Nope...
    Want to shoot a big bores?
    Nope...
    50 Beowulf?
    That's a tricky one, but... Nope

At least for now, the times to do so will be determined, sometime. According to Chance, big bores will likely be allowed once every other week, and the rifles at some other time. Wonder when and if the 'Wulf would ever be allowed. Hmmm..,

I wanted to sign up before the rate increase, but without the details, I'll have to pass for now.

On the other hand, I just got back from Oak Ridge. Tried out some of my 500 handloads, confirmed zero on my 300blk, and shot about 200 rds through 1911s.
    I like to do things on my own schedule, so the new Pawn Shop shooting range may not work for me. YMMV. It should be great at serving a lot of people in the community, just not my specific needs. Best of luck.

Dante

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom