• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Armyvet35N

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    * ONE SESSION EQUALS 30 MINUTES IF A MEMBER IS WAITING TO SHOOT OR IF YOU ARRIVE 30 MINUTES BEFORE CLOSING TIME. IF NO ONE IS WAITING TO SHOOT OR YOU ARRIVE AT LEAST AN HOUR BEFORE CLOSING TIME, ONE SESSION EQUALS ONE HOUR

lol 30 minutes? Those are pretty steep prices for 30 minutes of shooting time

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah,the "No Handloads" thing is a bit hard to swallow. However,with the potential of a ka-boom or other,I can understand their reasoning. Especially after the lawyers and their insurance had a heart-o-heart talk with them. I ask myself,if I poured my life savings or borrowed money into a indoor range,would I allow people to shoot their reloads ?? Uhhhhhhh .......... NO !

Most reloaders are a safe bunch ..... however ..... I have seen some and talked to others that were an accident waiting to happen. All in all,I want to shoot my reloads and I want to recover ALL my brass(and others). That to me will keep me away somewhat. --- SAWMAN

yes, but when you have done it as long as I have.....it don't matter what others do with there "reloading" as some say .

its about me, not them and if they judge it that way....then it needs to go sideways up there @$$

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Gendoc, with all due respect, if they don't know you from Adam you are all the other reloaders.
    I suspect they treat the members differently, and furthermore if you went in often and got to know the range staff I'll bet it's an even different level of treatment.

Wether that's true there or not, I've seen it on other ranges. Hell. I've been to a range before that the officer liked my watch and appreciated my attempts to zero in a mosin Nagant, we ended up shooting till a half hour after close. People are strange like that. The flip side is it sucks when some 22 year old tries to explain to you how a magazine disconnect works or when a bearded thigh holster askes you who you think you are firing from the draw.

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Attempted to shoot there today, but when they told me they had to make a copy of my drivers license for their insurance company I decided it wasn't for me. Do the rest of yall really allow someone to photocopy your ID for their insurance company?

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Two places I wont shoot at are Pensacola Indoor range and Oak Ridge Gun Range. Pcola for the ID crap and one hour BS policy and Oak Ridge for there no loaded mags permitted at time of entry. Yes these fools make you load everything you're going to shoot right there. What a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Went to the indoor range once, had a 300blkout AR pistol and a PS 90. I was told that I couldn't shoot the AR pistol because it wasn't rifle day, but I could shoot my PS90 rifle because it was a handgun round. I talked to the guy for a while, he was nice, I didn't shoot that day and never been back.

His logic was that my 300blkout round would be too loud and might bother the handgun shooters, lol.

Ok, so I could bring a 500S&W, 44mag, etc and that's an exceptible decibel level but not a 300blkout pistol AR?

Armyvet35N

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FNHman if you bring your 500 I will bring mine and we can rattle their cages for a bit.

We should all get together for a "big bore day" at that indoor range and bring out the magnum rounds to rattle the whole place up. 500s, 44s, 454ss, Hell even 357 magnums

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Two places I wont shoot at are Pensacola Indoor range and Oak Ridge Gun Range. Pcola for the ID crap and one hour BS policy and Oak Ridge for there no loaded mags permitted at time of entry. Yes these fools make you load everything your going to shoot right there. What a pain in the ass.
    I've been told the same thing at Oakridge, I told them they could unload my mags and load them back, or they won't get my business. The kid sat there and unloaded 15 pmags while I waited for a lane to open... I don't go back with rifles anymore.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Their ranges their rules and all, but what is the logic behind no loaded mags brought in??

Doesnt make much sense, at a gun range to me.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Their ranges their rules and all, but what is the logic behind no loaded mags brought in??

Doesnt make much sense, at a gun range to me.
    To make sure you're not shooting steel core.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The way I see it - they invested a lot of money to put a shooting range in and are trying hard to market it to all shooters including new ones. They don't want to alienate anyone, were polite in explaining their rules and you chose not to shoot - all good so far. What I don't understand is the need to 'retaliate' by bringing in a bunch of large caliber pistols to prove a point....only thing that will result in is limiting the days they can be shot...just saying - their house their rules. Same thing at Santa Rose - only certain days can you fast fire on the range...

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well I guess my experience there wasn't that bad...if someone would of threatened to punch me in the mouth I would of been hauled off to the gray castle off of Fairfield.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom