• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thinking it may be fun to throw together a small match sometime later this month. 15-20 shooters F-TR and .22 formats. Any thoughts ? Target ranges from 100-900 yards are possible.

Here's what I am thinking.

1) targets will be at 300, 400, 500 yards. NRA standard 1/2 MOA bullseye.
    2) going to open the rifle category up to ANY platform any caliber up to 8mm. Optics of any magnification.
    3) cartridges must be single loaded into weapon.
    4) each round will be 5 minutes in length. 5 shots for record at each distance. Total of 15 rounds for score.
    5) highest total score wins. Scoring will be by NRA guidelines.

Stage 2 will be a " tactical " scenario consisting of 2 8" balloons of different colors mounted on a single dowel rod. The object of the game is a one shot kill on the color called by the range officer. A hit will be 100 points. A miss will be a no score. A dead friendly will negate all scores and you're out. Shooters will have 3 targets 3 shots and 5 minutes to complete. Range will be 400 yards. ( they move...a lot )

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Might be something to try. My .22 dosen't do good though past 600 yards tho.LOL. What is F-TR? If nothing else I would like to see some long range shooting for real and not just on Utube.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Snowbird hopefully your 50 BMG you ordered will get here in time for the match. I heard you special ordered it rhubard red lol.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Might be something to try. My .22 dosen't do good though past 600 yards tho.LOL. What is F-TR? If nothing else I would like to see some long range shooting for real and not just on Utube.

.22 targets at 25 and 50 meters. F-tr is factory tactical rifle. .308 or .223 and has a weight limit.

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    ill come change targets. i suck at shooting farther than 100 yards and i aint good at 100. id like to watch people that can though.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Can I use your rifle, how about card cutting a 100 yds. set it up, Saw you better half's card she had a big smile on her face. just my 2 cents jj

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can I use your rifle, how about card cutting a 100 yds. set it up, Saw you better half's card she had a big smile on her face. just my 2 cents jj

That was a defining moment for her I think. Can't wait to see what her new enthusiasm for trick shooting is gonna cost. Thanks BTW for tightening up her pistol form. I'm going broke on bb's and co2.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'd love to play, if my schedule allows it. I need to load up some ammo, though. I think I've only got a few of my handloads left after Saturday afternoon.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Moa thanks,sounds like alot of fun. Stagman,it should be here buy then and they didn't let me order it in that color. Said it was to close to Stanleys color. They said BLOOD RED would be fine,And they are including a box of band aids and a short first aid course.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Moa thanks,sounds like alot of fun. Stagman,it should be here buy then and they didn't let me order it in that color. Said it was to close to Stanleys color. They said BLOOD RED would be fine,And they are including a box of band aids and a short first aid course.

I'm certified as a first responder. Lol. My first response is generally " man that's gonna leave a mark "

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't have any suggestions, but Me and the Tikka are in.

Cutting cards with you guys was some of the most fun I've had behind a rifle!

molldog06

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would love to watch/participate/help in any way I can, I have never shot in a rifle competition but would love to. Great idea MOA

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ballons are always fun at any range, or tannerite, or just reg milk jugs full of colored water, cans of cheap soda, or if you can find one, an alquida suicide bomber w/vest.
    but i'm sure it will be on a saturday, so I will miss it again.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ballons are always fun at any range, or tannerite, or just reg milk jugs full of colored water, cans of cheap soda, or if you can find one, an alquida suicide bomber w/vest.
    but i'm sure it will be on a saturday, so I will miss it again.

We enjoy the balloons and milk jugs. May do some of that as well. My personal preference for a day would be a Sunday but some have church obligations.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't have any suggestions, but Me and the Tikka are in.

Cutting cards with you guys was some of the most fun I've had behind a rifle!

That was a ball sir. Love the suppressed tikka! Good shot BTW. Been waiting on the pictures. Lol

Top Bottom