Target Sports

What kind of YouTube videos should I make?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like the idea of various reloading vids. Good for noobs like me.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Tennjeep I would say some product reviews I'm always seeing new stuff and wondering how it is and the first place I run to is the net to see any reviews on it.

Thanks for the input, Emcm2. I've got a couple things I'll plan on reviewing soon.

I like the idea of various reloading vids. Good for noobs like me.

Will do, once I get my bench cleaned off and get a chance to start loading some more. Right now, it's a mess and I've been pretty busy. I hope to have Sunday off, so I'll see what I can get accomplished then.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you ever do any shooting or anything at FOP let me know. I've done some video with my 5DII and told myself I was going to get into video

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you ever do any shooting or anything at FOP let me know. I've done some video with my 5DII and told myself I was going to get into video

Will do. I filmed those reload drills there last weekend and I'm sure I'll do some more soon. I might get a chance to get out there for a few minutes on Sunday to start breaking in my new CM9, but everything is up in the air with work at the moment.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bringing this thread back up after a year and a half.

I just hit 100 subscribers on my channel and I still haven't done much in the way of product review or reloading videos. I did finally get a lapel mic, so the volume of my most recent tabletop video is better. Anyway, keep the ideas coming and I'll start trying to squeeze in time to shoot more videos.

I decided that since I hit 100 subscribers, I'll have a giveaway. I'll make a video soon with details.

Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are you going to keep it a gun oriented channel?
    I think it would be cool to catalog your progress on the camaro, those are my favorite channels.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Are you going to keep it a gun oriented channel?
    I think it would be cool to catalog your progress on the camaro, those are my favorite channels.

It's not necessarily only gun related, I just film what I do and that's been a lot of gun stuff for the last couple years. I do plan on following the Camaro progress (once it actually begins, hopefully this winter). I've done some cast net fishing videos and I filmed my mountain biking ride a couple weeks ago, but the chest mount shook so bad the footage wasn't really usable. I may go back through it all and see if there are any short clips I can stitch together to make a short video. I've got a mount for my helmet that I'll use next time. Hopefully it'll be smoother.

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice camaro. I vote for a slow mo cap of you growing out your mullet, would look sweet with the beard...........

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Boom! First entry placed, that probably gives me a worse change at winning though......very cool of you to do.

And damn!, 9k views on the trigger job vid, thats quite a bit. Your cast net videos are doing good too.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The giveaway contest is now over and the winner is our very own Kanaloa! Thanks to everyone who subscribed and entered the contest!

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How much did he pay you to get his name "Drawn"?
    I'm pissed.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Can I get some feedback for my most recent video, please? I tried a few different things, but I'd like to know what everyone thinks before continuing. First, I put music in the video, second, I used a medium FOV instead of the normal wide FOV. I realize that I probably need to angle the camera downward a little more, but I didn't know it at the time.

Any thoughts?

Woogie Bear

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the angle was good, maybe drop the camera down a little? Some of the shots thru barriers you couldn't really see the target. As a whole a great video. Your flow on the mag change outs looked good, too.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think the angle was good, maybe drop the camera down a little? Some of the shots thru barriers you couldn't really see the target. As a whole a great video. Your flow on the mag change outs looked good, too.

Thanks! The camera is mounted to a head strap and basically sits on my forehead. The only way I can lower the camera is use an extension that will make it stick off the front of my head more and put more torque on the mount. I may give it a shot this weekend during a practice session and see if it causes any issues.

Top Bottom