• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't know if its been talked about but the place the replaced Garretts burger, Fish n Phils, is not good at all.
    Wife and I went last night and got the AYE mullet. Everything seemed like it was out of a can or store bought. There was nothing special that I couldn't do at home, except not washing dishes.
    Even at home I try to dress up stuff out of a can. This place did nothing to anything.
    Sad to say we won't be back.

SAME HERE, and BAD service with I don't care you didn't like it attitude. I took 2 bites out of my hamburger and told them it smelled like fuel??? "Have a nice day, that will be 12.89 !" for a burger/fries WTF???

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well thanks David. I was gonna hit the old Garrett's probably this weekend. I'll pass.

Glad to hear Charlie's is still going strong. I used too love going there. I'll drive the extra distance to eat there again.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    SAME HERE, and BAD service with I don't care you didn't like it attitude. I took 2 bites out of my hamburger and told them it smelled like fuel??? "Have a nice day, that will be 12.89 !" for a burger/fries WTF???

So Mr. Dan

Since you are on here more does that mean you check your email more now too. Ha ha ha LOL

Pam and I will come in and visit next week.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I try to check my email everytime I think about it, which is not often. LOL

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I worked on Charlie's building many years ago, framing up an addition. You can't imagine how hard it was to work with the wonderful smell of spagetti in the air. He gave us lunch and it was to die for.

Hopkins, the name speaks for itself. Hurt myself many times there with fried chicken or roast beef.

The Corvette club had it's Christmas party at the Rodizory grill on Greg St. Man that was some great chow there although a little on the pricey side. I couldn't get enough of the grilled pineapple, awesome !!

Hey Sean and Ken, don't forget me !!!!!!!!!

Rick

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kids all occupied elsewhere tonight so momma and I decided at the last minute to run out for dinner. Went to Patrella's, first time in a looooonng time just because she's not much for Italian food. Weird woman.

Anway, I got eggplant parmesan and she got the stuffed grouper with Alfredo sauce. One of the best restaurant meals I've had in ages. Wow! She even raved over it.

I know it's not a new place but I wanted to post for anyone that hasn't been there before or not lately to say I was extremely impressed. Prices are decent too.

I am miserable, Tums and an adult beverage for desert.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Kids all occupied elsewhere tonight so momma and I decided at the last minute to run out for dinner. Went to Patrella's, first time in a looooonng time just because she's not much for Italian food. Weird woman.

Anway, I got eggplant parmesan and she got the stuffed grouper with Alfredo sauce. One of the best restaurant meals I've had in ages. Wow! She even raved over it.

I know it's not a new place but I wanted to post for anyone that hasn't been there before or not lately to say I was extremely impressed. Prices are decent too.

I am miserable, Tums and an adult beverage for desert.

We love Patrella's, and my bro wants to eat there almost every time he comes to town! Great food, and not a chain joint!

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dont know if its been mentioned but Fishermans Corner Pub is awesome. Its at the base of the Theo Baars (SP?) bridge.
    Me and the wife went for date night. Granted it was pricey, $120 total, but the food and service were awesome.
    The $120 included drinks, appetizer, 2 meals, dessert, and TIP.
    I had the seafood platter which was fried, but was done very well. Everything was delicious.
    My wife had the special, blackened Mahi with mashed red potatoes and grilled asparagus. I had 1 bite and wished I had gotten that! It was so good.
    We obviously cant afford to go weekly, but itll be put in the date night rotation.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I feel the need to say this;

Momma and I wanted to grab a quick lunch before she went to work today so we went to Wayne's. We're not going back I don't believe.

Prices little higher but I know that's normal, everyone has to go up occasionally.

Food sucked. My mullet was not good. All of the vegetables now taste canned and not even a decent brand.

Service sucked from our waitress. I realize she might be new butshe doesn't have the attitude for it. I know that isn't necessarily the restaurant's fault either but.........

All things together I wasted $30 including tip. For that price I can go to Ruby Tuesday's next door.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I totally agree with your view on Wayne's. Wife and I stopped last summer, vegetables tasted like tin and burger was burnt to death could use it as a hockey puck for an entire game and it wouldn't of hurt it. Wife had chicken that was still a bit raw and staff that didn't seem to care. Pretty sad I left there and had to stop across the street at McDonalds to eat.

Unfortunately been down here going on 3yrs and I haven't found a good pizza yet, And I've tried a lot of places. I guess I'm spoiled grew up with either coal fired or wood fired pizza ovens. Few places around here with wood ovens haven't been so great.

Any of you guys every have a steamed cheeseburger ? They use a stainless steel box with a reservoir in the bottom and place it over the burner, Then they have trays they put the meat into and then trays they put good Vermont cheddar cheese in . Then into the box that has shelves and steam about 15 minutes.
    Put together on a hard roll or Portuguese roll, a little lettuce, slice of tomato and onion, ketchup, mayo, mustard your choice. They are a regional thing around the Meriden, Middletown CT area. One of the very few things I miss about Connecticut.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wayne's was never "great" to me but it was a decent go to place fairly close to the house. The vegetables were hit and miss, canned, but generally OK enough for a quickie meal. But, today was just totally disappointing, every dish, every moment.

I've had steamed cheeseburgers like you described bac. Excellent!

Pizza: I haven't had many different pizzas locally but between Pizza Hut, the usual list of delivery places (Dominos', etc.) and the like I really enjoy Figaro's on Pine Forest Rd.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One place I haven't tried yet was Figaro's , I've see a guy standing out front of McDonalds with a sign in the past I'll have to try them.

A lot of the places I've tried have either very spicy or very little sauce, I'm use to a rich sweet sauce not overly sweet thou.

Where did you find a steamed cheeseburger? Defiantly was around here. I've seen them in Connecticut, upper state NY & Ohio but that's about it.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rochester, NY. I was up there visiting a guy that happened to be one of THE richest people in the USA and of all the places to eat for lunch he insisted I try a steamed burger. LOL He was right though.

To me, no one around here makes pizza sauce or marinara sauce that is sharp enough for what I like. Last time I had any tomato based sauce that really turned me on was when Mideli's Deli was open downtown in the late 80s.

Figaro's may not be the best either. I've never had pizza anywhere except locally.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep figured it was probably Rochester area, brought my cousin to a place in Connecticut that started steam cheeseburgers called Ted's she laughed and said she'd been eating them for years the original Teds owners son was there and laughed said he's uncle started making up there early 60s.

Yeah I was spoiled when it comes to pizza ate some of the best from places like Peppe's Pizza http://www.pepespizzeria.com/?page=history
    And Sallys pizza http://sallysapizza.com/

Voted Two of the best in the country.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I doubt I've ever had what you would call authentic pizza. Just the local places. To me Fogaro's just beats all the others.

Founaris Brothers was fantastic but its been 25 years since I had theirs so can't vouch for them.

O'zone's was great too but haven't been there in over a decade either.

Cici's rates on the "Ketchup on cardboard" scale.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah pretty sad when you get a better pizza in the frozen food section of Winni Dixie and bake it yourself and it's better than most pizzeria stuff around here

I miss the mom & pop diners ,not many down here. Most places seem to be franchises.

I'm glad this thread was started because I've found a few good places member's have suggested.

One place I found on my own was in Robertsdale but they only run Spring to fall.

Wife and I head up on weekends she gets paid, It's a little hotdog cart in front of Farm Fresh Meats. They make the best Kielbasa dogs , German, Cajun, Old Thyme , You pick the type you want. They grill it and keep it hot in the steam table, You chose the fixings.

We generally pickup a few links of both Germen & Cajun & fresh kielbasa, as well as some other meat inside the butcher store. Then sit outside to enjoy lunch either on the picnic table or in the car.

Then it's up the street to Burris farm for fresh vegetables, And if I'm good momma lets us go to the bakery there for me it's a small dish of warm bread pudding & chocolate soft serve ice cream, momma likes the warm blackberry cobbler with soft serve ice cream. By the way stay with the small unless you haven't ate in 3 days LOL.

Then back home for a well deserved nap & a shot of insulin. Don't do it often but some days you just got to cheat.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    did you know that that hotdog stand is ran by the son of the original owner from back in the early 70's !!!
    Its an archive spot. I was raised from 8 til I started my family there.
    it used to be in front of morgan's gas station back in the 70's, my dad would take us farm hands there after season's harvest
    when we were young.
    long time ago !!

Top Bottom