• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife has a meeting tonight and I didn't feel like cooking so she went over to Petrellas Italian Café off west nine mile to pickup takeout..

She picked me up a lasagna dinner, a cup of sausage lentil soup and an order of mozzarella stuffed bread sticks. The dinner came with a small salad made up of mostly iceberg lettuce but fresh.

The lasagna was stuffed with lots of mild Italian sausage, The sauce was very good not spicy & not to sweet. The soup was hot and very tasty. Breadsticks were very flavorful reminded me of the fair fried dough.

I'd say this was probably one of the best Italian meals I've had down here in the 3yrs we've been here.

Thanks to those that suggested this place.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    We have liked Patrella's since we found them years ago. My brother swears by them after eating the Pasta Rustica, and posted so on one of the dining sites; so every time we go and find a crowd, I blame him! LOL

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My wife and I eat there about 2-3 times per month. Last time was Valentines day. (it was crazy in there at 1400) I usually have the Chicken Torino or Lasagna with a side of a couple meat balls.

We usually go in before 1730 on weekday nights and 1400-1600 on weekends.

Great food,great staff,not really expensive,pretty close to home,what's not to like. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Alcolee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm on the Patrella's band wagon. Love the place. Had a late lunch there yesterday while working in the area. The wife loves the place too, it's just hard to get in there especially after 5:30. Pasta Rustica is definitely my favorite. Another great local joint is Crazy Horse Cafe' on Lillian Hwy. Great daily specials, awesome burgers and desserts...nice staff too.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I lived on the West side my wife and I would hit Crazy Horse once a week. Loved it back then but that was pre-Ivan. I think it's changed owners since then. Sounds like its still as good or better.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I recently went to a new BBQ place on 9th Ave. (just south of Cervantes) called Hot Spot BBQ. It is a little hole-in-the-wall place, but the meat is fantastic. I had the pulled pork and their sausage. Excellent. If you guys have not tried them, you should.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A member of my shooting club ownes/runs that little place. He runs all the pistol matches at the club. He was a "A" shooter in his day(shit,probably still is).

We had an event at the club several months ago and he catered it. Great food !! --- SAWMAN

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Demolition of Hip Pocket Deli began in Warrington on Tuesday.

Demolition has begun on the decades-old eatery, the Hip Pocket Deli, a famous landmark in Warrington.

The state acquired the property on Barrancas Avenue through eminent domain to make way for a future road project. Owner Chris Varazo and the state hashed out the details of a settlement in January and the restaurant closed its doors after 22 1/2 years.

Varazo, in an interview with the PNJ in December, said he is considering opening another eatery sometime in the future.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ate at the new chain Mexican-ish place by Publix on 9 Mile Rd. tonight, Hot Heads Burrito. Meh, it's OK.

Picture Tijuana Flats served like Subway. Tell them what you want (Nachos, Burrito, various bowls and such) then you walk down the line, which meat, veggies, rices, beans, toppings, then pay at the end, get your own drinks.

Almost as good as Tijuana Flats as far as the vegetables and sauces go. Almost. Chips are like store bought.

Too expensive in my opinion for what it is. I wish like hell we had a Tijuana Flats back out in this area.

Irritating things I don't like in any food joint and this place does: They issue two napkins, I want unlimited access. Sauces are request only, gotta beg for more than a spoonful.

Conclusion: Its OK, I would probably hit Taco Bell first cuz it's cheaper for fast food. If I want food like they serve at this place I would rather drive to the mall and hit Tijuana Flats.

I may go back but I'll really have to be in the mood.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You know Sean,what is really hard for me to believe is that there are not eatery's going up between Pine Forrest and Beulah Rd. ON 9 Mile Rd.

With all the construction going on out towards Hurst Hammock,Navy Federal,etc,seems it would be a good --> great buisness local.

Maybe you need to open a Mexican food/BBQ place somewhere out there. Need investors ?? --- SAWMAN

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hardee Har Har Bill, real funny. Tell you what, I do know a lovely couple I can put you in contact with that really could use a solid investor such as yourself. In fact, I'll give them your phone number right now.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Ouch !! Guess I'd better quit while I'm ... behind !!

Will most likely see you at the Wal Mart grand opening. I'm sure Publix is extremely happy. Hey .... that's capitalism at it's finest. --- SAWMAN

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Interesting Restraunts in P'cola area

Hothead burritos:
    NOT impressed. Sorry. I'd eat Taco Bell first, and I don't eat Taco Bell. Nice people though.

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thought about trying that place but I know what to expect from Jersey Mikes, great sandwiches.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't tried Jersey Mike's yet. Wife doesn't like sandwiches, that's why I don't get to Firehouse as much as I would like.

Taco Bell isn't horrible. None of the fast food places are high on my list but I'll eat there if I have to.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Farm Fresh Meats in Robertsdale, Has opened it's food cart for the season. They grill up Cajun, German, & Old Thyme sausage and fix it any way you'd like it. Chili, kraut, onions, Chow Chow (sweet or hot). They also have hotdogs And Pulled Pork sandwiches. It's a great place to stop for lunch. We hit it Saturday while stocking up some sausage for the grill.

After that it's over to Loxley for fresh vegetables at Burris farms. And afterwards a dish of their homemade bread pudding topped with coffee ice cream from their bakery. After that it's home to take a nap.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Farm Fresh Meats in Robertsdale, Has opened it's food cart for the season. They grill up Cajun, German, & Old Thyme sausage and fix it any way you'd like it. Chili, kraut, onions, Chow Chow (sweet or hot). They also have hotdogs And Pulled Pork sandwiches. It's a great place to stop for lunch. We hit it Saturday while stocking up some sausage for the grill.

After that it's over to Loxley for fresh vegetables at Burris farms. And afterwards a dish of their homemade bread pudding topped with coffee ice cream from their bakery. After that it's home to take a nap.

yes, chuck and his sister holley are awesome folks.....went to school with them and have bought from them
    since they opened +/- 35 years ago.

best deer processing in Baldwin county !!!! bar-none of the plastic tube package wanna-be's

Top Bottom