• gandog56

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But I like CT laser grips so much. I went from this:

155a4cba-dd6a-437a-b95f-a027f3f62949_zps264059e6.jpg

To this.

SANY0145_zps6be5c190.jpg

I mean I loved that wood. But laser grips make it so I can do this!

dwgroup.jpg

And besides that, the all black look isn't half bad just by itself. Gonna keep them wood grips though. Who knows if/when I get another 1911!

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    wow, I never had much luck with laser sights, but that was good shooting. I am curious as to the distance and time of day , daylight / dark that you were shooting.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I loved the look of wood grips, but I wanted a laser on the Kimber Ultra Carry I used to have. I really like the way the compromise looked, even though the wood was fake.

KimberUltraCarry012small.jpg

KimberUltraCarry030small.jpg

KimberUltraCarry050small.jpg

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I took them off all my pistols except my wife's Judge. I love the fiber optic type sights like you have on yours . I have them on a pair of PMR 30's and a Walther .22 and love them.

gandog56

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The target shown was actually from the red laser grips I had on a Dan Wesson Razorback 10mm pistol. They were shot in an indoor range at 21 feet (7 Yards). I got the green laser because it is supposed to be more usable in bright sunlight. It is. I haven't taken the new laser to the outside range....YET!

Tomslick

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just wish they'd make some of those for my Para. Double stack .45, LDA trigger and a Crimson Trace laser grip...I wish!!

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Stupid question, but does anyone make a left hand version of the laser grips? I guess I could research, but figured some of you guys could point me to the best sights. 1911 Kimber.
    BTW, I like the wood grips, very nice looking, but accuracy supersedes.

gandog56

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With front button activation of the laser on the Crimson Trace, does it really matter what side the laser is on?

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    They say there is no stupid question, but that one was close! LOL

That's not the stupidest question I have ever asked, but if you have a laser on one of you hand guns, switch hands and give it a try.
    It can be activated easily by either hand. The problem is when i use a left hand grip my right thumb blocks the laser light.
    So a two hand grip will not work using the typical laser position on a hand gun. At least for my grip, and I'm not going to change grip for a laser. Or, do you think I should cut my thumb off, or is that a stupid question?

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a lefty and those laser grips bite my thumb. I was waiting for someone to chime in that they have seen them. There are no such things as stupid questions, only stupid people. lol j/k

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I'm a lefty and those laser grips bite my thumb. I was waiting for someone to chime in that they have seen them. There are no such things as stupid questions, only stupid people. lol j/k

Nobody understands us lefties!

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I do stupid stuff all the time. Not many people jump out of perfectly good airplanes, play tackle football without pads or with pads for that matter when their 60, or work 6 to 7 days a week when they don't have to.

gandog56

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Nope, still not seeing it. The Crimson Trace laser grips are pretty much standard grips except there is a little upper lump on the top side of the right grip. You telling me your hand has to ride over that module? My hand doesn't, no matter which hand I hold it in.

On the bad part, you cant use an ambi safety if you put on the CT's. That part could be a bummer.

gandog56

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do stupid stuff all the time. Not many people jump out of perfectly good airplanes, play tackle football without pads or with pads for that matter when their 60, or work 6 to 7 days a week when they don't have to.

Don't remind me. My knees are ruined from playing tackle football as a kid with no pads.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nope, still not seeing it. The Crimson Trace laser grips are pretty much standard grips except there is a little upper lump on the top side of the right grip. You telling me your hand has to ride over that module? My hand doesn't, no matter which hand I hold it in.

On the bad part, you cant use an ambi safety if you put on the CT's. That part could be a bummer.

Nope not what I'm saying. It doesnt cover the module. Shoot it left handed with a high grip and you may feel the bite or not. Mine was on a Glock so maybe that makes a difference too. I know another lefty that uses one and it doesn't bother him. YMMV.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom