Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dove hunting

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Our deer lease Ins is .10 an acre, I don't know if that it typical
    That's about average for a lease. A dove hunt deal would be a bit different because you are dealing with multiple landowners. Will have to be an llc with 1 million in GL with blanket AI for everyone to be covered. I looked into it about 5 years ago as a interesting project.

High cotton is still around and still high, it was at least 100.00 per I am thinking they had a membership for about 400.00 ? It is hard to get ahold of them , have to leave a message and he will call back.

I had my best hunts right off W st behind the Fed Ex building back in 80's-90's, I guess all the city birds would roost there, It looked like a hitchcock move at dusk and dawn. Hardly anyone knew of it and usally had it all to ourselfs. Also was a field off 297A that charged 20.00 for a shoot and was pretty good also but usally crowded. If you know anyone in peanutville (around chumukla and jay) it is great hunting , but all farm land and prob hard to get permission outside of good friends or kin. But maybe alittle talk and a wad of cash might let a group of hunters have a go??

50 CAL
    I used to shoot doves behind the Moose Lodge off Davis Hwy. It was 30 years ago but I believe it was on a softball field.
    Back in the 90s I put together a dove club in Allentown. I gave a farmer $1,000 for the use of his 120 acres of corn fields. Put together 20 friends at $50 each and we had some pretty good shoots.

'Nuff teasing, let's do some shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    could not find a website in a search
    http://jwayne19.wix.com/high-cotton-dove#!
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Obama bumper stickers removed - $10 ea.
    Hillary bumper stickers removed - $25 ea.

Have any of y'all tryed the dove fields on Elgin they use to have two now there is 4 very large ones last time we went we did the north end field and got 16 in one day
    I Came in to this world covered in someone else's blood kicking an screaming I really don't have a problem going out that way