• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An uplifting song is Feeling Stronger Every Day by Chicago watch them play it on youtube, they start out with a ho-hum performance in a recording studo then about 1/3 through it they get moved by their own music and playing together. They can not stand still.
    Ed

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have over 2k recordings that I use to make MP3 CDs from, to play as I drive. Driving music if you will. This afternoon I spent a trip back from the farm listening to a 1968 band from Scotland, Nazareth, their Hair of The Dog alblum is quite the alblum. If you have never heard a bagpipe played in a rock band listen to Changing Times or Free Wheeler or Expect No Mercy. This band was the band that Guns N Roses copied, style, sound and music, everything, from.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have over 2k recordings that I use to make MP3 CDs from, to play as I drive. Driving music if you will. This afternoon I spent a trip back from the farm listening to a 1968 band from Scotland, Nazareth, their Hair of The Dog alblum is quite the alblum. If you have never heard a bagpipe played in a rock band listen to Changing Times or Free Wheeler or Expect No Mercy. This band was the band that Guns N Roses copied, style, sound and music, everything, from.
    I'm not familiar with all of their music, but every time I hear hair of the dog I find myself singing along quite loudly. Fun song!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't gotten I to downloading my own Playlist yet but plan to. Sirius sat radio has kept me pretty happy and with all the niche channels I'm usually content but I do think I may go that direction. Sirius is trying to stay on top. Now you can customize each channel and that made it better.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm not familiar with all of their music, but every time I hear hair of the dog I find myself singing along quite loudly. Fun song!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

now you'r messing with a sumabitch.....yep, that one most everyone sees something in it they like...good old tune, takes me back to the 70's

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

11 yrs old with the voice of an angel:angel:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last edited:

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As a gun site, one guy always comes to my mind, with his original band, the Amboy Dukes; the Nuge. I have always liked their version of Baby Please qdon't Go. You will not find the 60s version on You Tube, but you can find a version by looking up Ted Nugent on Google with the song. The motor city madman still has the licks after 50 years.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Every time I hear this song I think of a Goat comming off the line and with every gear the right front tire lifts, from the torque, making the GTO look like it is walking on the track: that be some "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summers. It is an odd memory - sound combo.
    Ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IdEhvuNxV8

Last edited:

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is a nice listen to history, Hair of The Dog the album. I played this for a group of teens, in my truck, when I brought them back from P"cola after taking their entrance exams: Who is this: Guns And Roses, then I passed the CD around and told them to read the copy rite date on the back; 1968. The instrument that sounds like a guitar but isn't or an organ and isn't is the lead singer playing the electronic bagpipe. Hair of the Dog, Changing Times, Whiskey Drinking Woman, Love Hurts makes this a great album for any rock music collection, plus the art work is superb.
    Ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivE2YcCBXhM

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A song for the night hunters, of the desert and jungles of this world, from a former Hatchet Team leader. Different songs bring back different memories for me, in a flash of color. This is Jeff Healey (Jeff died in 2008 from cancer) doing a Bob Dylan song; When The Night Comes Falling.
    Ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp239BCUQKU

Top Bottom