• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    TGIF, oh wait that's technically tomorrow but today is this Veteran's Friday, I will be taking tomorrow off to observe my holiday! Rained at which house Frank? I checked my gauge when I got home and not even a drop I don't think, float was still stuck to bottom of gauge. Might have more luck today maybe.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    And a Great Veterans Day to all those who Serve!

seemed like more but it says we got .06" of rain. I think it might have been a bit more than that on top of the house

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Glad your Ok TennJeep, looks like.your truck took it like a champ.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yeah, it needs some work, but it could have been worse. I didn't realize it until I got an estimate from the body shop, but the bed was actually forced into the cab, so the back of the cab needs to be repaired as well. The initial estimate (not counting any potential frame or bed floor repair) is just under $8K. Waiting on her insurance company to either approve the estimate or send out their own adjuster to look.

BUa1PoP.jpg

ELFYlYU.jpg

IH424

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    181 is rough at times, my wife got hit while sitting still waiting on someone up ahead to turn into a subdivision.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Any frame damage?

No obvious damage, but he said it's a good possibility that it was tweaked a little. He noted on the estimate that there may be more repairs needed once they put the electronic gauges on the frame and once they were able to get a good luck at the bed floor. My tonneau cover was on at the time and the tailgate won't open more than a couple inches, so he couldn't tell if the bed floor was damaged.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No obvious damage, but he said it's a good possibility that it was tweaked a little. He noted on the estimate that there may be more repairs needed once they put the electronic gauges on the frame and once they were able to get a good luck at the bed floor. My tonneau cover was on at the time and the tailgate won't open more than a couple inches, so he couldn't tell if the bed floor was damaged.

I think that tonneau cover is cursed, took you how many shipments before getting one that wasn't damaged and now not long after you put it on your truck it gets severely damaged, seems like damage is tied to that cover LOL!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think that tonneau cover is cursed, took you how many shipments before getting one that wasn't damaged and now not long after you put it on your truck it gets severely damaged, seems like damage is tied to that cover LOL!

Don't say that... I found out that the plastic buckle on the tonneau cover made a nice little dent in the back of the cab. If it is that strong, I'm surprised how easily they got damaged during shipping.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What rental car did you get? This is what I got. Called it the Panty Dropper. Was a f****ing nightmare trying to merge on the bayway.
    fb11085c3d335d6483a0fcf4f32b6a84.jpg

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't have one yet. Still waiting on her insurance to review the estimate, which could take up to 2 business days (submitted yesterday). I'm going to demand something with ground clearance. I can't make it to the range in Vinegar Bend in a low car right now.

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So my wife and I have started negotiations on what our new home will "look" like. As in, do we buy new or older, property or neighborhood, and how far out of town do we want to be. I've been casually looking for the past few days and it is definitely a sellers market, good for us when we sell but man, prices are all over the place, mainly above $200k for something decent.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So my wife and I have started negotiations on what our new home will "look" like. As in, do we buy new or older, property or neighborhood, and how far out of town do we want to be. I've been casually looking for the past few days and it is definitely a sellers market, good for us when we sell but man, prices are all over the place, mainly above $200k for something decent.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

When I started looking 2 years ago, I thought I would be able to stay under $250K. I ended up on the other side of $350K. However, that's new construction, in a master planned community with all the amenities (ball fields, gym, clubhouse, etc). I didn't want something that was already 25-30 years old.

Top Bottom