• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A lot of nice country folk in Upstate NY. We dont claim NYC as being part of the state

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been all over NY state. It's a shame NYC sets the reputation for the rest of the state.

Amen to that. Its funny that people who have never been to NY think that the whole state is NYC. Once you go about 2-3 hours north its some of the most beautiful land in the country.

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Amen to that. Its funny that people who have never been to NY think that the whole state is NYC. Once you go about 2-3 hours north its some of the most beautiful land in the country.

When I was in college I shot several small bore and air rifle matches at West Point. Very pretty country. They had there own dairy and lots of cold milk on hand. Good times.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I spent 3 years in the plains of Montana while in the Air Force. No mountains, no trees., no nothing to break the winds. That was enough winter to do me for a lifetime. I picked that assignment and loved every minute in my early twenties. Too old for that now.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So what if (like in Oklahoma the other day) the guy is deaf, and the neighbors are screaming HE'S FARKING DEAF HE CANT FARKING HEAR YOU!!

Does this change the continuum of force response at all? Or is the deaf guy sadly just in the wrong place and the wrong time, and shouldn't have been born deaf, because the continuum of force will be escalated to Fatal, without any accounting for him being DEAF? Is the officer going home at night the only priority to be considered in this situation, not weather the citizen involved can actually understand WTF is happening to him, so absolutely unable to respond appropriately, and about to die without even knowing why? None of this matters, only the officers personal safety?

The cops in this case are defending their actions by saying "They didn't hear" the neighbors screaming. But can we not assume that since they passed their department physical, they have better hearing capabilities then that of a deaf person?

"So what if" You quit pushing more crap to disrupt this Stream of Consciousness Thread. Make you own debate Thread where appropriate and I will be more then happy to show you your folly in this new event.

lees way2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So what if (like in Oklahoma the other day) the guy is deaf, and the neighbors are screaming HE'S FARKING DEAF HE CANT FARKING HEAR YOU!!

Does this change the continuum of force response at all? Or is the deaf guy sadly just in the wrong place and the wrong time, and shouldn't have been born deaf, because the continuum of force will be escalated to Fatal, without any accounting for him being DEAF? Is the officer going home at night the only priority to be considered in this situation, not weather the citizen involved can actually understand WTF is happening to him, so absolutely unable to respond appropriately, and about to die without even knowing why? None of this matters, only the officers personal safety?

The cops in this case are defending their actions by saying "They didn't hear" the neighbors screaming. But can we not assume that since they passed their department physical, they have better hearing capabilities then that of a deaf person?

He is DEAF not blind and stupid.Police in uniform with guns,give me a break.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "So what if" You quit pushing more crap to disrupt this Stream of Consciousness Thread. Make you own debate Thread where appropriate and I will be more then happy to show you your folly in this new event.

I beg your pardon. However, I am not the one that brought this topic up here. I believe that was Viking, wasn't it? Then you responded to him. Then I responded to you.

He is DEAF not blind and stupid.

A man who saw Oklahoma City police officers open fire on his deaf neighbor says the neighbor was developmentally disabled and also didn't speak.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Went to Bozeman a couple of times in the late 70's. Was in Missoula twice on a working vacation. Ummmmm . . . . them college girls were sweet. I fell in love several times during my stays there.
    In Bozeman there was a place that was a huge building divided in half. It had two entrances side by side. One side was called Friday Nights,the other side was called Saturday Nights. One side had a rock and roll band,the other side had a country/western band. For one cover charge you could go back and forth all night.
    Great times back then. ---- SAWMAN

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I beg your pardon. However, I am not the one that brought this topic up here. I believe that was Viking, wasn't it? Then you responded to him. Then I responded to you.

No, I learned about the deaf guy here! Mine was the college girl getting killed by the college cop because he feared for his life because of the closed leatherman she had in her hand :boink:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My weekend starts in 1 hour and 12 minutes!

I'm debating. Not much goes on here on Fridays. Not making everyone in the unit take the same day as EDO day, really doesn't lend itself to efficiency, and sort of ruins the original purpose of them.

At Pax River, NAVAIR headquarters, everyone takes the same day as EDO, and they turn all the lights, air conditioning, and everything else off, so it saves money.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom