• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fuck "It". Read the Ross7 provided Link below. This was cleverly premeditated and executed suicide by cop that put checks in all the blocks that were important to "Scout". I see some people are very flexible on their personal use of force continuum. Tazer, baton or chem is nice if you have them and time to employ them effectively. Razor knife or utility tool (leatherman like with longer blade)? Either way, you might prevail with just physical force or you might get a major artery slashed for you decision. I have never seen a single use of force continuum that requires you or even suggests you go hand to hand against a blade. Does the 21 Foot Rule exclude female attackers?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ride-leader-killed-by-police-at-georgia-tech/

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dont consider a closed Leatherman a lethal threat. What's next, toenail clippers?

It was indeed suicide by cop. When are cops gonna get smarter then a mentally ill person? Thats an awfully low bar to be arguing for :)

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Richard Pryor.

"I make it a practice to never argue with men with guns, badges, big sticks and radios, to call more men with guns, badges, big sticks and radios..."

airliners were taken down with utility knives...and men killed with them...

jmo, but if she/he had some help confronting his/her mental issues, (yes, I think gender confusion is a disorder, just like the name says, they are sick) he/she would not be dead I think...

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Comply or die"- is that the society we wish to live in?

No, that is not the society we wish to live in. We do live in a society with Rule of Law. When LE issues commands you comply or LE will ultimately escalate Force from Verbal to Lethal as needed to accomplish a lawful objective or stop the threat to themselves or others. People have choices yet they don't always make the best ones. To be clear, it is the acts of noncompliance that drive the escalation of force and not the reverse.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dont consider a closed Leatherman a lethal threat. What's next, toenail clippers?
    It was indeed suicide by cop. When are cops gonna get smarter then a mentally ill person? Thats an awfully low bar to be arguing for :)

Totality of the situation. "It" called in a scenario to 911 reporting a knife and possibly a gun. It was a set up! Utility knife closed or not, fully visible or not but all manipulated by "it", trying to tie in several issues to his last act for public consumption. It would be prudent to wait for the investigation to run its course before assigning blame beyond the person that orchestrated it.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No, that is not the society we wish to live in. We do live in a society with Rule of Law. When LE issues commands you comply or LE will ultimately escalate Force from Verbal to Lethal as needed to accomplish a lawful objective or stop the threat to themselves or others. People have choices yet they don't always make the best ones. To be clear, it is the acts of noncompliance that drive the escalation of force and not the reverse.

I understand this, and do not disagree. However, how does the escalation of force rules compensate for the diminished decision making capacity of mentally ill persons?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I try to use cop eyes...

to him , what do I look like? a potential threat, ,or openly friendly body language (yes, I have studied it, and use the methods I learn)

I am a big guy, beard, visible scars and scars under the beard if clean shaven...

I would have my hand on my gun, or near if I were facing me...just saying, there is always more to it than publicly known...

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Totality of the situation. "It" called in a scenario to 911 reporting a knife and possibly a gun. It was a set up! Utility knife closed or not, fully visible or not but all manipulated by "it", trying to tie in several issues to his last act for public consumption. It would be prudent to wait for the investigation to run its course before assigning blame beyond the person that orchestrated it.

I'm just saying that if you can be tricked so simply, by a demonstrably mentally ill person, into doing their will-- then policing might not be one's calling :)

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm just saying that if you can be tricked so simply, by a demonstrably mentally ill person, into doing their will-- then policing might not be one's calling :)

but remember, some people do jobs they are good at, others do jobs that pay well, but purpose is to obstruct people(DMV, IRS etc) others do jobs because they want to, big difference between the three.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I understand this, and do not disagree. However, how does the escalation of force rules compensate for the diminished decision making capacity of mentally ill persons?

It does not have to. It solely deals with events as they progress. Mental health issues may surface during the event but they do not overide officer and public safety. Consideration for mental health may be applied as time and circumstances permits once it is known. Look at all the mass shootings and murders committed by persons with "mental health issues". Mental health covers a broad spectrum of illnesses and the majority can still differentiate between right and wrong.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Your just being ridiculous now, the he/she in question was in his/her fourth year of college. Mental illness does not necessarily mean a low IQ.

lees way2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Droshki where in the heck do ya get your info from,the net. It must be cause if ya think ANY LEO should stand there and wait to see what happens Ya got life in a blinder. I did not think the guy that tried to stab me would ever do it,I had delt with him for 15 years or more. Would I have shot him if I had got a chance. YOU dang right I would have,but instead he got to head butt in the chest and I had a heart attack which brought a long slow end to my job.When he started the fight I made my mind up I was going home to my wife and kid,and thats where I wound up when it was all over.I dont know what ya do for a job but I hope it aint in Law Enforcement,Cause your thoughts could get ya KILLED....

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    John Kelly apparently went through some sort of existential crisis during Trump's UN speech.

Kelly.jpg

Attachments

• Kelly.jpg
      Kelly.jpg
      60.8 KB · Views: 174
    Top Bottom