• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That doesn't sound like fun, two days later now, how you doing?

I've been back at work for 2 days now. I still don't have a lot of strength, but I think the antibiotics and steroid shot are starting to work. If the past is any indication, it'll be another week or more before I feel really back to normal.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sounds the cold I had not too long ago. Got really sick and took a Friday off, took over the counter meds and rested up over the weekend and then felt better and went to work on Monday. 2.5 weeks later I had my regular doctors checkup and the cold was kind of lingering, mentioned that to my doc and she told me if a cold doesn't heal after a week or two it most likely transformed into a bacterial infection. She put me on a 5 day Z-Pac and about a week later it finally cleared up.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mine was a sinus infection. I tend to get one around this time every year. I'm pretty sure it's my wife's fault, bringing home germs from all the 5 year old's she teaches.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think that is what mine morphed into, after taking the Z-Pac for a couple of days some nasty thick yellow shit came out of my nose!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Man this forum is quiet, I guess everyone is keeping there eyes on Irma! Well it is Friday so TGIF, we have a full weekend of football ahead of us, SKOL Vikings!

Attachments

• TGIF.jpg
      TGIF.jpg
      59.3 KB · Views: 141

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man this forum is quiet, I guess everyone is keeping there eyes on Irma! Well it is Friday so TGIF, we have a full weekend of football ahead of us, SKOL Vikings!

Been busy all morning looking for a renter for my Panama City Beach house. Anybody know someone in the market, give me a shout. It's not the nicest neighborhood, but its on a double lot with 60 feet on the canal, has a huge dock with 2 boat slips.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So did everyone survive the storm? I enjoyed my free day off compliments of the government, sometimes working on a military base has its perks. SKOL Vikings, 1-0 on the season after beating the Saints last night!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Less than a 1/4" at my house I believe, West side of the storm turned out to be weak! Check the satellite though, looks like remnants of Irma might circle around the High and come back around to us this weekend so maybe we'll get some rain from her after all! Irma is the big swirl moving SW towards Texas and the Gulf in the satellite below!

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/eaus/wv-animated.gif

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Rained all day yesterday and was a steady mist at 2:00 this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How's that swamp draining going?

Mnuchin sought military jet for his European honeymoon:

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin asked for a military jet to take him and his wife on their European honeymoon, according to a report late Wednesday.

The unusual request triggered an inquiry by the Treasury Department’s Office of Inspector General, ABC News reported, and Mnuchin’s office ended up withdrawing the request after deciding it was “unnecessary.”

An Air Force spokesman told ABC News that the requested jet costs about $25,000 an hour to operate.

Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., who’s on the Senate Finance Committee, told ABC News that he was flabbergasted by the request. “You don’t need a giant rulebook of government requirements to just say yourself, ‘This is common sense, it’s wrong,’” Wyden said. “That’s just slap your forehead stuff.

A Treasury spokesperson told ABC News that Mnuchin wanted the Air Force jet to ensure secure communications during his honeymoon to Scotland, France and Italy earlier this summer. Sources told ABC News that typically a Treasury secretary would not be entitled to use a military jet unless there was an emergency situation.

In August, Mnuchin came under fire for taking an Air Force jet with his wife to Kentucky, where they watched the solar eclipse from the rooftop of Fort Knox, home to $200 billion in gold. That trip also triggered a review by the Treasury’s Office of Inspector General, and the Treasury said Mnuchin would repay the government for the flight.

Top Bottom