• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This is the "drink of choice" right now. Freaking expensive @ $10/bottle, although I'm sure there's more expensive drinks.
    7bb390380cc9afba60757c2f373a3128.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here come the Harvey rains, lots of it from now through at least Friday! BTW, that pepper shot to the nuts is awesome, we need to start treating more of these violent protesters like the criminals they are.

Attachments

• Harvey Rain.jpg
      Harvey Rain.jpg
      274 KB · Views: 103
    Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good times, went to lunch just before the monsoons came down! Driving back from lunch drove through about 6 inches of water that had completely covered the Anchor street in FWB, think I finally cleaned my trucked underside out after my trip to the Eglin Range a couple weeks ago! Went as fast as I could (10-15 mph maybe), luckily nobody was walking down the sidewalk!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That had me crying laughing!!!

Edit: The music choice was spot on!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

it does a body good to see that...one crotch shot I did not cringe in sympathy pain when I saw it..

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What's everyone's totals on the Harvey rain so far? I dumped my gauge out this morning during a break in monsoon like downpours, 1.5" so far with another cell looking to push on shore soon if it holds together. Looks like the heaviest rain is West of me this morning giving you guys between Mobile and Pensacola some good rains that will no doubt move our way as the day progresses.

Almost Forgot, guess what day it is Frank!

Attachments

• Hump Day.jpg
      Hump Day.jpg
      41.3 KB · Views: 100
    Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What's everyone's totals on the Harvey rain so far? I dumped my gauge out this morning during a break in monsoon like downpours, 1.5" so far with another cell looking to push on shore soon if it holds together. Looks like the heaviest rain is West of me this morning giving you guys between Mobile and Pensacola some good rains that will no doubt move our way as the day progresses.

Took me about 10 minutes extra to get to work this morning, due to wrecks, flooded roads, and general slow driving through the downpours. Got soaked while putting out my trash can and again going into work, even though I had a rain jacket and and umbrella.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My daily news feed for the markets said that oil was trading down 7% which is 3% lower than before Harvey hit. It also stated despite the shutdown of refineries in the flood affected areas of Texas, US stockpiles of gas remain high. Glad I filled up on Sunday, by the time I need to fill up again it looks like prices may be going back down!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well wholesale gas is at $1.90 up about .30 so we should be able to not go over $2.50 here if they get the refineries up in a couple of weeks. I am worried more about supply to the Gulf Coast than the price at this point. The shame is FL not allowing a refinery to be built. Gas prices go up a lot faster than coming back down so I think they will be elevated for a month or 2. Note all the local cities and counties have recently raised their gas taxes make it go higher than it needed to be.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The fact that wholesale gas is up .30 is some serious bullshit price gouging by the gas companies. How they hell do they justify that increase when oil is trading lower than the day the hurricane hit and stockpiles of gas are still high in the US. That's just gas companies taking advantage of consumers when there is no need to raise prices, bullshit as always.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gas is going up as you only have a 20 or so day supply and 50% or more of the refining capacity is shutdown. It will take weeks to get the refineries up and running again which means gas will be in shorter supply over the next 2 or so months. Oil is trading down as there is oversupply to begin with and now that there is significantly reduced refining capacity, there is no place for any new oil to go but storage.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    According to what I've read refining capacity is down 22%, not 50% according to CNBC finance. This is just a another example of how dumb this country is, so a hurricane affects a TINY portion of our country and gas prices go up. That's poor planning by our Government. Let's not forget gas companies have complaining about decreased profits due to the lower gas prices so anything they can use to raise prices they will. There are approximately 70 major refineries in the US, we haven't lost 35 of them in Texas and this doesn't include the smaller ones. Just going by what I can find online so don't shoot the messenger. Again glad I filled up on Sunday, hopefully I can make it a couple of weeks without filling up again.

Top Bottom