• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For those that travel on 98 back and forth between P'Cola and Panama City....... The City of Destin and the DOT just spent $750K on five lit crosswalks with push button pedestrian activated stop lights, the crosswalks are intended to save pedestrians from being run over by tourists when the pedestrians are crossing 98 (J walking) between stop light controlled intersections. The system was activated yesterday. The first fatality was registered yesterday before midnight!! Sounds like we got our money's worth............ It is too bad they did not ask Alphretta, Georgia how this system is working for them, before they pissed away the money, I understand it is a disaster there also. Because: Drunk + Drunk = Dead.
    Ed
    You couldn't pay me enough money to walk across 98 in Destin on foot crosswalk or not. At least between Memorial and Labor Day, that is a death wish.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yes sir. This will be my second time using their repair/warranty service. The last time was in 2012 when my Osprey's broke in half at the nose when I pulled them off of my face one day. The only problem is that I have a small face so finding a pair that fits can be a pain. Gonna have to hit up a sunglasses place to try on a bunch of styles.

How long did it take from the time you sent them in to the time you got them back?

About 2 weeks. I kept putting it off because I wear them all the time, I just wore some work shades until they came back in. These are Jose 580g. My last pair, Brines, were sent back for the same reason, $12 and a brand new pair. Of course I dropped em bow hunting and immediately stepped on em trying to pick em up...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

They had my glasses exactly one week before they emailed me to call in about my options. I just got off the phone and they are going to be replacing them with a new style for $12.40. I sent them in for the rubber arms, but he said they were replacing them because the lenses were fading (Green 580 glass) and the rubber nose piece was bubbling. I don't really like any of the new styles, but I picked out a pair that I hate the least.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    They had my glasses exactly one week before they emailed me to call in about my options. I just got off the phone and they are going to be replacing them with a new style for $12.40. I sent them in for the rubber arms, but he said they were replacing them because the lenses were fading (Green 580 glass) and the rubber nose piece was bubbling. I don't really like any of the new styles, but I picked out a pair that I hate the least.
    Nice, which ones did you go with?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Cool, the Jose seem to fit my big noggin pretty well. I have a pair of Brines that I broke awhile back and need to send in just cause. I like the 580g, best sunglasses around IMO.

I have the opposite problem. I have a small/narrow face. Unfortunately none of the small frames wrap around like they used to, so I had to go with a little larger frame than I wanted.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For those that travel on 98 back and forth between P'Cola and Panama City....... The City of Destin and the DOT just spent $750K on five lit crosswalks with push button pedestrian activated stop lights, the crosswalks are intended to save pedestrians from being run over by tourists when the pedestrians are crossing 98 (J walking) between stop light controlled intersections. The system was activated yesterday. The first fatality was registered yesterday before midnight!! Sounds like we got our money's worth............ It is too bad they did not ask Alphretta, Georgia how this system is working for them, before they pissed away the money, I understand it is a disaster there also. Because: Drunk + Drunk = Dead.
    Ed

Traffic was bad before the stupid crosswalks, now it's going to really suck. How stupid can a city be, build some damn elevated walk overs like they have at Hurlburt and on Okaloosa Island. Drivers are accustomed to crosswalks being at intersections not in the middle of an otherwise uninterrupted stretch of highway. This is going to increase accidents in Destin when drivers up front see the light at the last minute and slam on their brakes when drivers behind them are not expecting it and the traffic stacks up even more than it already does. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Don't know what he's into, but I've been working with packaging tape on a regular basis since 2009, and it has never gone anywhere I didn't intent it do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ok, so I guess I need to explain the situation.

To put it simply, I was trying to tape up a box. The box was skewed a little, so I stuck the tape on the side of the box, then held the other end in my teeth while I used my hands to align the flaps. At some point, the tape got slack in it, causing it to stick to my bottom lip. When I pulled it off, chunks of skin came with it. You can damn sure bet that I won't let that happen again.

Top Bottom