• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spent yesterday morning, about two hours, getting the two new ARs to function flawlessly with H-4198 and AA-2230. The new BCGS for both guns was pretty rough with the new phosphate coating and the gas port holes in the Socom 1-8 twist barrels had very small openings. Little application of a stone file to smooth the wear surfaces, adjustment of the gas block over the gas port. Plus O rings for the extractor. Today I will do the triggers to eliminate the little getty-up in each trigger and adjust the receiver tightning screws on each of the Aero sets.

Then I engine turned the barrel hood on the presentation 1911. Just a little bling for the display box.
    Ed

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Scored some powder to last me a while, roughed out a 2017 practice-match calendar with corresponding budget, and now figuring out how to explain it all to my wife.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Checked on a friend's property and sighted in my Ruger American Ranch in 5.56 1.5" high at 100yd while I was there. Checked a game camera there and only had pics of foxes, rabbits, armadillos, and possums...I think they are getting fat from all the food they are eating.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Checked on a friend's property and sighted in my Ruger American Ranch in 5.56 1.5" high at 100yd while I was there. Checked a game camera there and only had pics of foxes, rabbits, armadillos, and possums...I think they are getting fat from all the food they are eating.

When's the possums stew going be ready lol.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Over the last few days, I've case gauged over 1K rounds, recieved a woodburning kit (To play around with stippling. Should work better than my soldering iron.), my new Deltapoint Pro mount, and a couple MBX 2011 mags. I need to paint the mount today, because my backup open gun should be here tomorrow. I wish I had time to get it Cerakoted, but I don't think that will be an option until after the Gator Classic next month.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Chronographed a bunch of new .45 ACP reloads in a 5" Kimber 1911, 4" Sig 1911, and a 3.3" XDs. The results were decent so now I can switch into production mode.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep. I made several small runs of .223 for testing, then made 100 for a reliability and chrony run but I have not shot them yet. Then I switched over to .45 and did the same thing. I am happy with the .45s for plinking and practice although the velocity spread was a bit wider than I had hoped for. I was using Unique because I have a bunch on hand. I'll load up a few hundred for a reserve then start experimenting with some ball powder to see if I can get better consistency before I pump out a really big run.

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Chronographed a bunch of new .45 ACP reloads in a 5" Kimber 1911, 4" Sig 1911, and a 3.3" XDs. The results were decent so now I can switch into production mode.

What bullet weight, powder and primers do you use? I am looking for a good all around reload for my 1911's.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Going thru some stuff for Fridays pistol course. I've collected some kydex over the past year or so...
    bdd6f247f560b94b0aa5a526946521b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Loaded up another 50 of the 357 mag. powder coated 158gr SWC bullets I picked up from dvr6 that were among the drawer of miscellaneous items he included with the reloading set up. I just have to get the office room cleaned out and the 2 computers moved and rewired before I can get a reloading bench built for now I'm still using the Lee single stage press and powder measure I bought from maxfold. Mounted both of those to a 2"x6"x4' long and clamped it down to and old television cart so I could roll it out of the way when not in use. The 2 shelves under it made for good storage space but I've been needing more space for a while.
    Edit" picked up a complete box (50 rounds 44 Mag) of Winchester 240 grain JSP and 20 rounds of UMC 180 grain JSP from chucker55

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What bullet weight, powder and primers do you use? I am looking for a good all around reload for my 1911's.

For plinking/training I use Rocky Mountain Reloading or Zero brand 230 FMJ. I have used RMR's plated bullets with no gripes. They had a big sale on the FMJs a few months ago so I bought enough to piss of my mail carrier lady. Right now I'm loading 6.1 gr Unique with CCI Large Pistol Primers but I'm going to try some ball powder like W231.

https://rmrbullets.com/shop/bullets...5-452-14/45-230-gr-full-metal-jacket-fmj-new/

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    New CZ

After 9 weeks of waiting my new CZ from CZ Customs finally came in and I picked it up from Little Jack's Guns today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      701.5 KB · Views: 214

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I got my backup open guy yesterday. Fit a single sided safety to it, then I tried to swap the sideways Quinn C-More mount for the Deltapoint Pro mount, only to find that the frame is tapped M4 0.7 for the Quinn mount. The screws that came with the DPP mount are 5-40 (like the standard STI frame holes), so I had to order some M4 screws that are long enough for the mount and thumb rest. They should be here tomorrow, but I guess I'll just stick with the sideways C-More for this weekend.

My Precision Delta bullets should be here today, so I'm going to load some test loads tonight. I should be able to get to the range to chrono them and zero the gun tomorrow. If everything goes smoothly, I think I'm going to try to shoot the new gun on Saturday. Busy busy week!

I'll try to remember to take a picture of the new gun tonight.

Last edited:

FarmNArms

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had fedex, ups and usps drop off some new toys!

Top Bottom