• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I shot the ECPS USPSA match at CORE on Saturday:

Yesterday, I ran up to the FOP range since it just opened back up on Saturday afternoon. I shot groups with the two Glocks that need new front sights and zeroed the optic on my CO gun. It printed 3 inches low and 2 inches right at 25 yards, and I'm pretty sure at least 2 of my Mikes during the match were caused by the bad zero. I called Dawson Precision today, gave them the new front sight measurements I need, and they should be in the mail tomorrow, free of charge. I don't even have to send back my current sights.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    made an "ar" stand, some found some chaep ar vise blocks on line. Attached to scrap plank and attached plank. ar stand organizer.jpg
    spaced them too close first time, need enough space to access the mag release.
    ar organizer 2.jpg

Attachments

• organizer.jpg
      organizer.jpg
      646 KB · Views: 142
    • ar organizer 2.jpg
      ar organizer 2.jpg
      749.8 KB · Views: 139

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The G17 MOS is about to put to the test against a Walther Q5 for a Carry Optics gun. And I'm also going to compare both to a buddy's Canik TP9SFX. Once I figure out the one I like the best, I'll pick up a backup gun and start training.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The G17 MOS is about to put to the test against a Walther Q5 for a Carry Optics gun. And I'm also going to compare both to a buddy's Canik TP9SFX. Once I figure out the one I like the best, I'll pick up a backup gun and start training.
    I'm liking the CCP. The Q5 would serve you well, though the trigger sounds a bit heavy.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm liking the CCP. The Q5 would serve you well.

We'll see. I had a PPQ for about a week, a couple years ago. I liked the trigger, but I didn't want to learn a new platform at the time. And after shooting CZ's, the bore axis seemed REALLY high.

I've been intrigued by both the TP9SFX and the Q5 since they came out and especially since the CO bug bit me. I've been meaning to drop by a few of the local gun stores to see if I could handle either of them, then this Q5 just fell into my lap for a price I couldn't pass up.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Went to a customer appreciation night at Jims Guns on the West side of town in Pensacola. I had never been there before and was impressed with their selection of guns an accessories. Apparently they have been in town for 3 years and I never even new it. If you haven't been there it's worth dropping by.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Went to a customer appreciation night at Jims Guns on the West side of town in Pensacola. I had never been there before and was impressed with their selection of guns an accessories. Apparently they have been in town for 3 years and I never even new it. If you haven't been there it's worth dropping by.
    I saw an ad for that. It's out by my parents. How's the sale prices?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I saw an ad for that. It's out by my parents. How's the sale prices?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sale prices were good over all. Some guns were great prices under market value and some weren't. But overall all there were good deals to be had. They seem to have alot of items that no other gunshop in the area has as far as guns and accessories. Had one whole cabinet with nothing but Nighthawks and Les Bears!

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Yesterday afternoon, I rode over to Precision Tactical in Crestview with a buddy of mine. While we were there, he bought a new barrel for one of his Glocks and I checked out a nice used 870 Express complete with a Mesa Tactical tactical rail and sling. I called them about it today and we worked out a deal. Tomorrow morning I will be picking it up.

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    After hearing how kendive's suppressed 5.56 AR sounded, I decided to see how my 5.56 Midwest Industries 16" upper, FN CHF CMV double chrome lined bbl played suppressed with the idea that maybe I'd take it deer hunting this year. It's a nicely accurate upper with a variety of loads.

B52 helped me unscrew the flash hiders yesterday. I had high hopes, but brought a LWRC 5.56 AR as a backup to test suppressed just in case. The MI upper liked both my Gemtech Quicksand (30 cal) and Crux Ark30 (30 cal), with the group size no different from w/o a suppressor, but the impact point did differ about 1 1/2" at 100yd. Never did test the LWRC suppressed; I'll do that another day. Sighted in the MI upper with the Ark30 1 3/4" high at 100yd which (as calculated) gives a 210yd zero which is perfect for my brother's farm (the farthest I can see a deer there is 225yd, and I'd let them come closer hopefully anyway. 65gr Sierra Game King bullets hand loaded is what I'm using for hunting and performed nice on a large doe last year at about 160-170yd with a double lung hit. Will double check at 200yd before my hunting trip.

I checked the buffer before suppressed shooting and found it was an "H". With the H and suppressed, the empties were going about 2 o'clock. With an H2 installed and suppressed, the empties went about 3 o'clock...I left the H2 installed.

FWIW, the throat has not worn any on the above FN bbl in the 999 rounds fired since new per my throat erosion gage (5 shots and let cool before firing again).

Last edited:

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Did you try the canik tp9sfx I been checking them out. Let me know what you think about it.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Went to show a little support at Friends of NRA last night. Picked me up a Dinner Bell and a 25th Anniversary Belt Buckle at the live auction. It was kind of hard for me to believe the Kimber .357 only went for $525 and the Cricket went for $175.

I managed to win a raffle for an Honor Defense HG9SC. Seems to have OK reviews and is made here in GA by Vets. Looks pretty good.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SHOT the OSCO benefit with 81 other shooters / spectators and support personnel.... CORE SHOOTING
    this is a copy of my post in another section. I just want to express to you how much fun this series is. A blend of precision rifle series and USPSA. IMO this type of shooting is an up and coming. Interest and participation are growing. One more match left in the years series, this year. come shoot or come see what its all about. bring a chair and a cooler, anyone who is interested in guns and shooting will enjoy the facility and the series.

special thanks to the OCSO for hosting the 2 gun bennifit match. Once again they out did last year. All day 2 gun event. Hot grilled bergers, dogs and fixing were brought to you as you shot. via 4 wheeler special delivery. 6 challanging stages ( I GOT THE GOFPHER) inside joke. We made $10,000 for the charity ! I was strong enough to easily finish the corse of fire and had extra left in the tank to tear down ! ( personaly proud of that) I worked hard in the last few weeks, to build enough strenth to shoot this match. Got to shoot and hangout with the best people. so now to the goodies list. holosun reddot and targets, hyperfire trigger ar15/10 , mission first tactcal mags. 50% off a new burris xtr retail $1559.00. 40% off any order from seekins precizion up to $2500.00 The official match cup 30 oz ozaark trail vac cup etched with the match gold sponcers. Tons of BLUE BULLET samples. By my count ( about $2000.00 in prizes ) .....i got to shoot with people whom i enjoy thier company.....for a good cause......and won $200 plus and hour in prises ....and got fed lunch. are you kidding me...see what your missing ! thanks again to all the sponcers and the OCSO for all you do in nw flordia.

Last edited:

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    so it would seem I read my seekins cert wrong ! it states 40% off up to $2500 discount. so that means if I order 2 seekens 6.5 creedmoors @$2549 each , retail . Its only going to cost about $3000. So I may be willing to share the love. Anyone dreaming about a 6.5 top shelf gasser for about $1500 ?

Top Bottom