• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Unknown to kendive, I was also verifying that the pulled 77gr Sierra Match Kings without a cannalure shot to the same point as the pulled 77gr SMK's with cannalure.

His friend (guy without a hat) mentioned he handled a Ruger precision rifle and really liked it, especially the trigger pull. It so happened that I'd brought mine in 5.56, so I let him shoot it at a steel plate at 200yd (current length of the range) with no misses. I think it pushed him over the edge on buying one. But, he can't have a purple bolt knob like I have on mine. He may get one in 6.5.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Setting up the new hotness. Love shooting the prs style 2 gun matchs. Natural progression was PRS bolt series. This is my "beginner rifle". Barrel and optics on the way. Hey who makes red parts for this thing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Can't stand it, so I got ask , what are the spec. on the fan, and do you have to allow for cross wind. Just my 5 cents jj

12 volt fan, low and high speeds. Instead of 8 D cells, I run it off a "motorcycle" type battery which I recharge after every use. Note that the fan is aimed at the bbl and suppressor, not the muzzle, so it has no effect on the bullet flight. Keeps the bbl and suppressor cooler for longer life. If you get hot, simply turn the fan towards your body/face. Good for power outages too.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I promise after IDPA Nationals at the end of Sept I'm going to come out and shoot USPSA with you guys!!

USPSA will elevate your IDPA game. but you might not go back to IDPA :p. still nice to take the carry guns to an IDPA match to stay proficient with what you actually carry.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    USPSA will elevate your IDPA game. but you might not go back to IDPA :p. still nice to take the carry guns to an IDPA match to stay proficient with what you actually carry.

It's just difficult to go back and forth between the two, unless you're really good at developing a stage plan and sticking to it.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    It's just difficult to go back and forth between the two, unless you're really good at developing a stage plan and sticking to it.

That's why I've stayed away from USPSA this year while dedicating my shooting to IDPA. I didn't want to confuse myself or develop any "bad habits" as it relates to IDPA. My goal was to qualify for Nationals which I've done so after that match in September although I plan to continue shooting IDPA I'm also going to start my USPSA journy!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That's why I've stayed away from USPSA this year while dedicating my shooting to IDPA. I didn't want to confuse myself or develop any "bad habits" as it relates to IDPA. My goal was to qualify for Nationals which I've done so after that match in September although I plan to continue shooting IDPA I'm also going to start my USPSA journy!

You'll enjoy it. I shouldn't have shot as much USPSA as I did before going to AL IDPA last year. Getting procedurals and having to pick up loaded mags I dropped made it not very fun.

Any idea what division you're going to shoot in USPSA?

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    You'll enjoy it. I shouldn't have shot as much USPSA as I did before going to AL IDPA last year. Getting procedurals and having to pick up loaded mags I dropped made it not very fun.

Any idea what division you're going to shoot in USPSA?

I'll probably start out in production to get my feet wet then work my way up from there.

Top Bottom